Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

This fisherman can swallow big ones and catch big ones ;)

But if the fish is too heavy *cough cough (Har..bh...Ish...aa)*, Then the rod could snap ;)

Anyways back on topic :p, I think this will be our Line-Up:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) MS Dhoni +
8) Anil Kumble C
9) Harbhajan Singh
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Ishant Sharma

As much as I wouldn't like Ganguly to play, He's obivously going to be picked in the playing 11 because he's been included in the squad, and they wouldn't not play him :rolleyes: I would prefer Badrinath. Disregarding how well Munaf Patel has been bowling I think we will only play 2 seamers (Ishant and Zaheer) and 2 spinners (Kumble and Bhajji), Simply because 5 ganuine bowlers would weaken our batting line-up too much with Kumble probably at 7.

Anyways, Really can't wait. I've got that buzz inside me already, I'm so god damn excitied! :)

After a long long time, I am watching a series direct on TV (used to follow scores on Cricinfo, or watch a bit on some stream!). The last series I fully watched was BINGO! - India vs Australia in Australia. After that, I havent watched any series (watched one or two games of Asia Cup in an illegal stream). BRING IT ON! Thanks to aditya for reminding those lovely days. Had quite a lot of arguments with aussie_ben, Steve, Feeling_Blue, etc. I too think this time, it wont be as heated.

I agree with your line up Leggie, and I too would have preferred Badrinath but Ganguly is 99.8% in for the XI. Both Kumble and Harbhajan are the main guys, and unless the wicket is a seamer's paradise, we cant drop either. Most probably we might play 5 bowlers in Mohali where Munaf comes in place of Ganguly (or who knows, Ganguly might act as the 5th seamer/bowler at Mohali).

Well for once, it's time to listen to Darren Berry and Greg Shipperd and get Cameron White over here ;) Though in all honesty, White would have been a much better replacement for Symonds than Watson, he's a similar player, spin bowling all rounder, aggressive but talented batsman. I'm not sure how I'd compare their bowling, I'm assuming White's is better so I think he would be a good replacement.

I never thought I'd say this, in fact I hate the fact that I'm going to say it, but call up Dan Cullen. He's had a horrible couple of seasons for SA but he's more talented than Casson and Krejza put together. Let's give him a go!

On Fox Sports News someone said that they had forgot Cullen. I mean he did play in a Test back in 2006 with Warne and MacGill.

Casson/McGain > Cullen > Krejza (despite the fact he used to play for NSW ;)

What do you think of Cullen Bailey, Dean? I think he plays for Tassie and is a leg-spinner. I heard some people have some wraps on him.

Krejza is just useless, he couldn't even prove his worth with the bat. He's scored a duck.

On Fox Sports News someone said that they had forgot Cullen. I mean he did play in a Test back in 2006 with Warne and MacGill.

Casson/McGain > Cullen > Krejza (despite the fact he used to play for NSW ;)

What do you think of Cullen Bailey, Dean? I think he plays for Tassie and is a leg-spinner. I heard some people have some wraps on him.

I know it's not directed at me but Bailey is at SA with Dan Cullen. Hes a promising leggie but really lost form badly last season.

And as I said a few weeks back Cullen and Krejza had similar averages last season, bowl the same style but Cullen is more talented.
How's Steven Smith bowling? If it's any better than's White than I would throw him in the deep end. Worst case he loses a bit of confidence bowling but hes got the batting to fall back on anyway. But definitely agree White should have been brought over instead of Watson, it was clear our spinners was the problem and we had more than enough pacemen.

Australia have played terrible so far. They let India's secon XI put on 450 and they are looking like getting out under 300. Spinners have bowled really well and kept the Indians in the game. If there were no spinners, Australia would be well on top now.

Hoping Hussey and Johnson can take us to 300, then get us closer and closer to the target. As long as we can bat a while, this match will be a draw. India will win though if they get us out soon, and get a small total and we have a big target to chase, or just bowl again and hope they can get us out cheaply again.

COme on Guys you can't compare Sharma and Johnson.Johnson is far better and experienced

COme on Guys you can't compare Sharma and Johnson.Johnson is far better and experienced

Don't know where the comparison was made but I'll take Sharma over Johnson any day. Looks far more dangerous and with his height and pace hes certainly got it all over Johnson. Only thing Johnson has over him is batting.

This is an aweful performance by Aussies. 2 Rookie spinners have ripped through their batting line up. Great bowling by Chawla and Ojha as well..

Anyway its just a practice match, lets wait for the real matches to start.

Users who are viewing this thread