Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

haha Krejza is a gun :cool: Atleast he won't get picked for the test team , I hope not anyway.

But I'll go back to my original idea of 4 pacemen, with Bollinger in over Siddle.

We dont really have any other choice. But I disagree with you on picking Bollinger over Siddle. I am not saying Siddle is better , Bollinger is a much better bowler. But I think Siddle will be more effective in these Indian conditions. Bollinger is mainly a swing bowler but I don't think he will get much swing in India (even with the new ball) and I don't think he can play that workhorse role that well. On the other hand Siddle will hit the deck hard , can generate good pace , strong enough to bowl long spells and will exploit any uneven bounce in these pitches.

IMO Aussies picking Siddle in the warm up game is a clear indication that they like what they see from him.

ps - yes I am bit biased becuase I am Victorian :D

Yeah but he's a medium pacer, so I doubt he'll have much impact.

He had Dravid plumb LBW during the infamous Kolkata Test - oh how history could have changed if it was given.

Hm, Haddin's hurt his finger keeping. Hussey's keeping ATM, if Haddin doesn't recover in time, will they call up Ronchi, or just keep Hussey as keeper and bring in another batsman? Hussey seems to be doing a good job, as I know he used to keep for Western Australia U19s I think, though him missing in the field might be a significant disadvantage. What do we think? This way, we could play Watson and White, or even bring Jaques back in.

I was kinda thinking one thing Haddin isn't giving enough of is grunt, he is a good batsman, but has been too timid at times, at least for the range of shots he is able to play. You'd not expect Ronchi to ever give that impression.

This tour match just gets worse and worse if Haddin is out. Will be interesting seeing what they do if hes out, Ronchi will add aggression but hes still too hit and miss.

Bowling wise yet again we struggled with the ball and as we expected before the start of this tour our two strike bowlers would be Lee and Clark. Clarke also took a hammering, only way our spinners are going to be any threat this tour is if they do another one of those Mumbai pitches.

Ponting sure has come out firing, now for him to convert his start into a 50. All the time Hayden gets in the middle the better too so hopefully these two stay out there for the rest of the day.

Matty Hayden is batting. :D

Bollinger over Siddle. Not because his better, but because I don't want Siddle's debut to be wasted on a dead subcontient pitch.
Debut him against the Kiwi's or the Saffas at the start of the Aussie summer.
Although saying that, if he did end up playing, I wouldn't be supprised to see him rip through the Indian batting lineup; his more then capable of doing so.

That would be good,but for some reason I think that unless his lucky,Hayden will be in the pavilion soon!

bladescape added 23 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

And I was completely right too!

Punter looks comfy. Nay, very comfy.

Another googly wicket. Hayden still searching for time in the middle and probably not quite on the money with his front leg if he wants to play pad-first. Not sure if he picked the googly or not, I figure if he saw that as a leg break pitching in line and spinning to leg, he would have had a go at it. Maybe he was in two minds.

Clarke comes in ahead of Hussey, so they're still keen on batting practice, maybe we'll go right through to stumps. Clarke is batting very adventurously. To be honest, this is his best stuff, so hopefully he gets some runs with it.

Got to agree with that but I see Clarke departing too if he doesn't start settling down!

bladescape added 23 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Clarke settles down and Ponting gets 50!
This is surely going to be a draw!

bladescape added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Hmmm..Yuvraj has Clarke get an inside edge!
Clarke isn't looking so comfortable!

bladescape added 14 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

A close LBW shout against Ponting off Chawla!
I'm starting to wonder how Aus will win a test!

That was some epic music during the highlights reel.

BUNG-BA-DENG-GA-DENG-GA-DENG-GA-BABABABA

The first short highlights reel, I mean after the commentators stopped talking.

Well played by the BP XI, Australia are royally screwed if we keep playing like this though. Hopefully we'll have Bollinger and Watson/White to ease the pain. Katich needs to improve his batting too if he wants to hold off Jaques.

Last edited:
Hm, Haddin's hurt his finger keeping. Hussey's keeping ATM, if Haddin doesn't recover in time, will they call up Ronchi, or just keep Hussey as keeper and bring in another batsman? Hussey seems to be doing a good job, as I know he used to keep for Western Australia U19s I think, though him missing in the field might be a significant disadvantage. What do we think? This way, we could play Watson and White, or even bring Jaques back in.

Great just what we needed:rolleyes: But hes a tough cookie , I think he will still play (like he did in windies).

Pretty decent hit out for the Aussies in this warm up game. We didn't play too well but I think this will help us a lot. Good to see Punter and pup get some time in the middle as well. Bring it on India!!

Users who are viewing this thread