Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

The kids have started to put pressure on oldies but Kumble will still be playing when Sachins son makes debut.

It still amazes me that 3rd umpires can make mistakes like that.

We should pack our bags and go home , thats what Indians wouldve done:rolleyes:

Anyway great innings from Mr.Cricket , the guy is just a freak. If he can continue his form and play that sheet anchor role other batsmen can play around him.

Interesting to see White get the call up. He's a gun player but surely hes not a test bowler(or a batsman). He will get smashed (so will Krejza) but atleast White will make some runs. So I don't mind it that much. Seriously now I have no idea what the team will look like for the test.

I hope they play White at #6 instead of Watson and play 4 quicks.

Hayden
Katich
Punter
Huss
Clarke
Haddin
White
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Siddle/Bollinger

ps - For many years we had the starting XI pretty much locked in before a series. Its sort of fun having to guess what the team will look like;)

Last edited:
looking out for some tight competition,even though the aussies are weaker this time.
my Indian XI for the 1st test would be
Gautham Gambhir
Virender sehwag
R.Dravid
S.tendulkar
S.Badrinath
VVS.Laxman
MS.Dhoni
Harbhajan
Kumble
Ishanth Sharma
Zaheer

Why doesn't Australia play David Hussey? He seems like Hussey and he was the one who kept the team together in the A tours. Wouldnt David be better than White and Watto?

looking out for some tight competition,even though the aussies are weaker this time.
my Indian XI for the 1st test would be
Gautham Gambhir
Virender sehwag
R.Dravid
S.tendulkar
S.Badrinath
VVS.Laxman
MS.Dhoni
Harbhajan
Kumble
Ishanth Sharma
Zaheer

Thats would it should be, But it will Ganguly instead of Badri...

India would be best poised to force a low scoring contest in which they can capitalise in the final innings without much room for error. So, I think they should go with:

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. VVS Laxman
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rahul Dravid
6. MS Dhoni
7. Anil Kumble
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Zaheer Khan
10. Munaf Patel
11. Ishant Sharma

This being said, I wouldn't mind one bit India going with...

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. VVS Laxman
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Rahul Dravid
6. Sourav Ganguly
7. MS Dhoni
8. Anil Kumble
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Ishant Sharma

Lol, If the Australian's continue to play cricket like this, I expect a big series win for us.

Lol, If the Australian's continue to play cricket like this, I expect a big series win for us.

I can assure you the Australia we play on Thursday is going to be a much better side...

Please say I'll eat my words :upray

Users who are viewing this thread