Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bring Brett Lee back on. Hopefully he can come on and hit Zaheer Khan or Ishant Sharma in the head and put them out for the rest of the series. Atleast he'd be finally making a contribution to the team in this series. :rolleyes:

aussie_ben91 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Johnson's proved my point and proved why he's not a class bowler in the past 2 overs. Ponting puts every fielder bar 2 on the Off Side. So, any normal, decent bowler would focus their line on the off-side. Not wiley Johnson, he offers a man in the 190's who's one of the best players on the leg-side in the world an easy shot through the on-side for another boundary, then 2 balls later gives him another. Superb bowling. =/ Get him out of the team ffs, I'd much rather have Siddle, Bollinger, Tait or Hilfenhaus in the team tbh, I don't rate Johnson at all.
Although I agree with the point that Siddle, Tait or Bollinger should be in the team. Johnson is still allot better then Broad. :p

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
What, bowl a ball on the stumps you mean? Wasn't a particularly brilliant delivery, just woeful batting from Kumble, going right across his stumps and missing it. Hawkeye proved the decision to be correct, but harsh, there's no way that the umpire could definitely tell that was out.

Johnson's proved my point and proved why he's not a class bowler in the past 2 overs. Ponting puts every fielder bar 2 on the Off Side. So, any normal, decent bowler would focus their line on the off-side. Not wiley Johnson, he offers a man in the 190's who's one of the best players on the leg-side in the world an easy shot through the on-side for another boundary, then 2 balls later gives him another. Superb bowling. =/ Get him out of the team ffs, I'd much rather have Siddle, Bollinger, Tait or Hilfenhaus in the team tbh, I don't rate Johnson at all.

Mate tbh Johnson has been the best bowler on the tour for Australia he's the leading wicket taker

aussie1st

Retired Administrator

Even though it wasn't the greatest ball it still was a good ball. When he puts it on off stump on a decent length he actually looks dangerous. But as I said he doesn't do it often enough.

TBH Tait wouldn't be too much better as he too is wayward. More of a strike bowler at least with swing and reverse swing but so far in his return his FC figures haven't been his usual standards. Can't complain with the other ones though.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Uh, what's going on? Some confusion about the last over, with only five balls bowled, and something about the score?

Billy is getting annoying now.

but he's a good umpire, he's someone you would definitely like to have as umpire over the likes of Asad Rauf or Asoka De Silva :p

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Mate tbh Johnson has been the best bowler on the tour for Australia he's the leading wicket taker

Yes, but taking wickets doesn't make him a better bowler. He's woeful. Completely lacks accuracy, he may have good pace but he can't control it, tends to bowl too short, doesn't swing the ball enough because of his length, doesn't bowl to the captains plans, and just ends up getting flukey wickets. He's going at 3.56 an over, has a far worse average than both Sharma and Khan, and has bowled far more overs. If Sharma had bowled 117 overs he'd have taken far more than 11 wickets. I just don't rate Johnson what so ever, hence why the claims yesterday about him being better than Harmison I just found ludicrous.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
DOUBLE-CENTURY!

Very Very Special Laxman!:happy:hpraise:clap:cheers

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Yes, but taking wickets doesn't make him a better bowler. He's woeful. Completely lacks accuracy, he may have good pace but he can't control it, tends to bowl too short, doesn't swing the ball enough because of his length, doesn't bowl to the captains plans, and just ends up getting flukey wickets. He's going at 3.56 an over, has a far worse average than both Sharma and Khan, and has bowled far more overs. If Sharma had bowled 117 overs he'd have taken far more than 11 wickets. I just don't rate Johnson what so ever, hence why the claims yesterday about him being better than Harmison I just found ludicrous.
Allot of players get flukey wickets, Johnson also bowls allot of balls that can be unplayable given the left-arm angle his coming from and the pace that it generated. Johnson actually can swing it in more favourable conditions and I've seen him bowl some decent reverse swing. I doubt that any of England's bowlers would've been able to swing it in these conditions, as they barely have success in their own backyard which provides favourable conditions for the bowlers.

As far as Ishant Sharma comment goes, why don't you go look up his statistics from India's tour of Australia earlier this year. He bowled a stack of overs, started the series with an average of 26 and finished the series with an average of around 45.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ah finally Laxman 200, another great knock by him against us. Getting sick of him doing this to us, about time he retires...

And now the fun starts, Hayden v Khan and hopefully Australia whacking that leather around the park.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Bollinger should have got chance and Roy should have been here. Bloody arrogant Selectors :mad:
I fail to see why either of those things make the selectors arrogant - Siddle was our best bowler in the 2nd test with 4 wickets, justifying his selection, and Symonds has nothing to do with the selectors because he was ruled out by Cricket Australia. The selectors can't overrule their employers.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I fail to see why either of those things make the selectors arrogant - Siddle was our best bowler in the 2nd test with 4 wickets, justifying his selection, and Symonds has nothing to do with the selectors because he was ruled out by Cricket Australia. The selectors can't overrule their employers.
A more appropriate definition would be 'Stupidity' not 'Arrogance'.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Allot of players get flukey wickets, Johnson also bowls allot of balls that can be unplayable given the left-arm angle his coming from and the pace that it generated. Johnson actually can swing it in more favourable conditions and I've seen him bowl some decent reverse swing. I doubt that any of England's bowlers would've been able to swing it in these conditions, as they barely have success in their own backyard which provides favourable conditions for the bowlers.

As far as Ishant Sharma comment goes, why don't you go look up his statistics from India's tour of Australia earlier this year. He bowled a stack of overs, started the series with an average of 26 and finished the series with an average of around 45.

James Anderson can swing the ball almost anywhere because of his fantastic wrist position that he's developed. Anderson with the new ball is far more deadly than Mitchell Johnon. Anderson may not always get it right, but recently he's been fantastic. He swings the ball both ways, and not just a little bit of swing, but major swing in both directions with only a slight change in wrist position. His swing is far more dangerous than anything Johnson bowls. He'll give Hayden a real run for his money next year, we all know how well Hayden plays swing early on ;)

As for Sharma, he's a far better bowler now. I didn't see a great deal of him in Australia, but he does look alot better now. He's a quality bowler now, and miles ahead of Johnson, and I expect him to end the series as leading wicket taker. At least Sharma deserves his wickets when he gets them, he doesn't somehow get players to play at ridiculously wide full balls. His seam movement > anything Johnson offers.

Users who are viewing this thread