Pakistan in India

I haven't seen Balaji for ages

Bhajji=Harbajan Singh's nickname.

Laxmipathi Balaji-Tamil Nadu quickster who tonked Shoaib for those awesome sixes :D

Btw I'm a huge L. Bala fan..

Karthik
Jaffer
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dhoni
Irfan
Kumble
Harbajan
Zaheer Khan
RP Singh

Its sooo incredibly hard to drop laxman :(

Last edited:
I don't like ODI series being first, I don't like it. Test after ODI gets boring for me.

I haven't seen Balaji for ages

and I hope I dont see him, IMO one of worst bowler I've seen bowl to Afridi. and I've seen means fromm year 2000 to 2007. because Thats mainly when I started watching Cricket. I've seen better Indian bowlers then him.

Last edited:
he's our best bowler
he has to play no matter what he does.
he should keep himself away from the attention seekers like asif and afridi both of theirs story has obvious cracks in it and anyone who researches into the fight will say right away afridi and asif are lying
Yes, Asif, for one, has immediately struck me as one who is constantly looking for attention, especially when compared to Shoaib Akhtar. :rolleyes:

From India, I hope they bring Sehwag back into the test fold. Of course, this means that they will have to drop one of Karthik, Laxman and Dhoni.

Last edited:
Yes, Asif, for one, has immediately struck me as one who is constantly looking for attention, especially when compared to Shoaib Akhtar. :rolleyes:

From India, I hope they bring Sehwag back into the test fold. Of course, this means that they will have to drop one of Karthik, Laxman and Dhoni.

hell no, dow we want to gift the opposition with a free early wicket? :p

hell no, dow we want to gift the opposition with a free early wicket? :p

The man averages damn near fifty in test matches (49.46) with a domineering strike rate (75.75) and good conversion rate (50%).

His test match form has not been in too much decline either, just his ODI form.

Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
2004 (25y 73d)        12   19   1  1141 309  164  155   63.38   3   4   2
2005 (26y 73d)         8   14   1   785 201  173   81   60.38   2   2   1
2006 (27y 73d)        12   21   1   791 254  180   76*  39.55   2   2   4
2007 (28y 73d)         1    2   0    44  40    4    -   22.00   0   0   0

The fact that there is an opener who scores fast and heavily means that he can often guide India to a winning position, (e.g. 175/2) by tea and India need just rely on the middle order to build on the position. He is a brilliant asset and honestly, I feel that Sehwag should be in for Wasim Jaffer who averages just 34.77 in 22 tests.

I feel that Gambhir should be kept in the system, indefinately, until he gets a prolonged stint in the team as a regular. In 12 games, his average of 36.00 is better than Jaffer's too, his strike rate of 60.21 is also a signal of agressive play and getting a good, brisk early start to a test match innings is important. However, I feel that he is being groomed for the number 3 position; I feel this is the right move too, since I feel he is a great run scorer but may not be quite good enough to face the new red ball in test matches and survive early morning swing with five slips and a gully.

Why drop Karthik when he did so well against Eng?
And especially with Asif.
Again we saw Sehwag get out repeatedly against the incoming ball in the T20's. He hasn't learned! He's a weak link in the field and his test bowling is crap.
No.

I never said drop Karthik. I said have Sehwag instead of Jaffer and help train Gambhir for number 3 in the future.

Again we saw Sehwag get out repeatedly against the incoming ball in the T20's. He hasn't learned!

This is in ODIs and twenty20s where he has to score quickly, he can reasonably easily block these in tests. Weak links in the field do not really matter in tests either, especially when you can catch, which Sehwag can.

And especially with Asif.
Again we saw Sehwag get out repeatedly against the incoming ball in the T20's. He hasn't learned! He's a weak link in the field and his test bowling is crap.
No.
You mean why bat a player who is clearly a better strokemaker than the other on what will probably be batting beauties? Gee, I really don't know. I thought we were trying to win a game.

The man averages damn near fifty in test matches (49.46) with a domineering strike rate (75.75) and good conversion rate (50%).

His test match form has not been in too much decline either, just his ODI form.

Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
2004 (25y 73d)        12   19   1  1141 309  164  155   63.38   3   4   2
2005 (26y 73d)         8   14   1   785 201  173   81   60.38   2   2   1
2006 (27y 73d)        12   21   1   791 254  180   76*  39.55   2   2   4
2007 (28y 73d)         1    2   0    44  40    4    -   22.00   0   0   0

The fact that there is an opener who scores fast and heavily means that he can often guide India to a winning position, (e.g. 175/2) by tea and India need just rely on the middle order to build on the position. He is a brilliant asset and honestly, I feel that Sehwag should be in for Wasim Jaffer who averages just 34.77 in 22 tests.

I feel that Gambhir should be kept in the system, indefinately, until he gets a prolonged stint in the team as a regular. In 12 games, his average of 36.00 is better than Jaffer's too, his strike rate of 60.21 is also a signal of agressive play and getting a good, brisk early start to a test match innings is important. However, I feel that he is being groomed for the number 3 position; I feel this is the right move too, since I feel he is a great run scorer but may not be quite good enough to face the new red ball in test matches and survive early morning swing with five slips and a gully.

I wouldn't want to drop Jaffer since he did well against England. He looks a professional opening batsman. Karthik did well in England and he deserves to keep his place.
Sehwag could be added but it woulb be risky at this point, just play him in the ODI's and if he shows form then you can give him a go but he's rebuilding his career and Jaffer and Karthik are a good combination so its best not to change it at this point.

I wouldn't want to drop Jaffer since he did well against England. He looks a professional opening batsman. Karthik did well in England and he deserves to keep his place.
Sehwag could be added but it woulb be risky at this point, just play him in the ODI's and if he shows form then you can give him a go but he's rebuilding his career and Jaffer and Karthik are a good combination so its best not to change it at this point.
That's exactly what we don't want to do for Sehwag--play him in the ODI's to see if he's ready for Tests. Because he is a far better Test player than an ODI player so using his ODI performances as a basis to select him to the test team would be really quite unfair.

Also you have to note that we need runs and lots of them in India, whereas in England it was more a case of surviving. If you don't score runs fast enough, you're either going to lose or draw, in India.

Yes but it would be risky playing Sehwag in a competitive series when Jaffer and Karthik have done really well so I stay stick with them.
Sehwag has had his chance in the past year or so and has not made a great deal of runs so I think its time to give these guys a fair run and if one of them does badly over time then Sehwag could be the replacement but with these two doing so well you can't get rid of them.

india should look to play sehwag against pakistan.
he has always played good against pakistan ad they should risk him.
who knows he might overcome asif

Users who are viewing this thread