West Indian Tour of India, 2013: Sachin's 200th Test Appearance

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Why does this site have to be so sarcastic? You can't voice an opinion anymore without being flamed if nobody else agrees. That's why they are called OPINIONS. No need to be sarcastic with your replies.

because when your opinion is stupid and hypocritical and you choose to post it on a public forum it is up for challenge.

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why does this site have to be so sarcastic? You can't voice an opinion anymore without being flamed if nobody else agrees. That's why they are called OPINIONS. No need to be sarcastic with your replies.

People can reply however they want to as long as it's within the guidelines of the forum. This freedom is what makes forums so great. You shouldn't take it personally.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Shame nobody in India cared when the likes of lara, ponting, gilchrist, warne, McGrath, murali and other great players.

It is not just the people from India, it was people across the globe who cared for those emotional moments of Sachin if you would have noticed the last few days with good attention.

Plus, all those great players which you mentioned has been cared as well and just that, this little guy/little master received a different method of caring from his own spectators. Even the legend, Pollock received a different way of farewell and I really don't understand these 'no meaning' comparisons of players way of retiring. Everyone is legend by themselves & they very well knew what they were doing & they were rightly sent off by their own spectators in their own way which they wished.

If you are going by the people of PC forums( i.e. users outside India ) posting here caring about those, definitely you would need to wake up as users of PC is not even 1% of world's population.:thumbs

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think you people are missing the actual point. He is a West Indies supporter and it's just the frustration coming out. West Indies were supposed to play 10 days of test match but they decided 5 is enough for them.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I liked Windies equally( next to India ) until Hooper-Lara time( from mid 90's ). Even when high skilled players were around, I don't remember any time of them giving a tough challenge to top opponents. It was always either one of these - Hooper or Lara or Chanderpaul to get 70% of the total score with collapse from others. They are sadly known to fall like pack of cards. No offense, but I also wished once to see Windies going up to top ranks and left following their cricket after Lara's retirement.

I would say, lack of coaching mechanisms & financial terms? being the main downfall of their growth? Otherwise, I couldn't get any good reason on why the talented blokes like Sarwan, Gayle, Bravo brothers, Pollard with experiences of Chanderpaul/Samuels failing everytime with inconsistent rise & fall.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
One thing from this series that I liked in West Indies was Sammy's brutally honest speech at the post series presentation. He spoke very frankly and if taken in the right spirit, that kind of a speech can spur a team on. And the second thing is, his reaction to taking Tendulkar's catch, which ended up as the legend's final innings. Sammy sort of knew it that it was going to be Sachin's last innings, and that summed up Sammy's reaction. He reacted as if "Why me?". Felt pleased as a Tendulkar supporter. My respect for Sammy has gone up.

But disappointing that the BCCI chose WI as the opposition for this historic series. Even Sri Lanka would have been better opposition (though we play so often against them).

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I think you people are missing the actual point. He is a West Indies supporter and it's just the frustration coming out. West Indies were supposed to play 10 days of test match but they decided 5 is enough for them.

lol. Finally somebody who understands! :thumbs

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing from this series that I liked in West Indies was Sammy's brutally honest speech at the post series presentation. He spoke very frankly and if taken in the right spirit, that kind of a speech can spur a team on. And the second thing is, his reaction to taking Tendulkar's catch, which ended up as the legend's final innings. Sammy sort of knew it that it was going to be Sachin's last innings, and that summed up Sammy's reaction. He reacted as if "Why me?". Felt pleased as a Tendulkar supporter. My respect for Sammy has gone up.

But disappointing that the BCCI chose WI as the opposition for this historic series. Even Sri Lanka would have been better opposition (though we play so often against them).

If you see actually, all the teams except the West Indies were busy. Sri Lanka and New Zeland were playing against each other, Ashes is around the corner and Aussies and England are not going to come either, Pakistan and South Africa were playing against each other. West Indies were the only team available.

macintosh

Club Captain
WI has all the resources at the moment,

Good quick bowlers, a pool of spinners to choose from, and a bunch of talented batsmen.

But they fail as a unit each time. Sammy seems to be the one who is trying to keep the team together and get the best out of them, but his own performances haven't been up to the mark and he is not looking to take extra responsibility and contribute more. I would agree with War and Samuels on this, maybe he doesn't fit in the test squad. I do feel he has the potential to contribute a lot more with his batting and bowling, but there isn't an initiative from his side.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I seriously feel Sammy is setting a very bad example to the team that too he is the captain. The way he got out in each innings very well show that he has got no business to play test cricket. He is playing like he is playing for Sunrisers Hydrabad. Absolutely horrible batting. West Indies really need to work on a better team the next time they want to play test cricket. Gayle is also a demonic cricketer but his triple hundreds and a few other knocks very well show he is adaptive to all formats though he still looks to muscle the balls over the fielders. West Indies if Rampaul, Roach and Naraine were available would be a very formidable bowling unit. They should really look into their batting pool.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
WI has all the resources at the moment,

Good quick bowlers, a pool of spinners to choose from, and a bunch of talented batsmen.

I just don't think this is true. I used to really like the west indies but I got fed up of the baseless optimism that would come from them. I remember there was a time when people would genuinely say that jerome taylor and fidel edwards could be the best new ball partnership in the world. bravo was "the next lara" etc.

none of it has ever materialised, to sort of paraphrase a famous einstein quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." what on earth would make me think this is the group of west indies players that's going to turn things around?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I seriously feel Sammy is setting a very bad example to the team that too he is the captain. The way he got out in each innings very well show that he has got no business to play test cricket. He is playing like he is playing for Sunrisers Hydrabad. Absolutely horrible batting. West Indies really need to work on a better team the next time they want to play test cricket. Gayle is also a demonic cricketer but his triple hundreds and a few other knocks very well show he is adaptive to all formats though he still looks to muscle the balls over the fielders. West Indies if Rampaul, Roach and Naraine were available would be a very formidable bowling unit. They should really look into their batting pool.

More than Sammy, Gayle is unfit for test cricket. Gayle can be easily tied down for longer periods and eventually he will gift you his wicket. He is one mighty overhyped player, who should not be playing test cricket. Where is Ramnaresh Sarwan? He was a very good test batsman. If Shiv Chanders can play tests even now, where is Sarwan? I also think Dwayne Bravo is a better batsman than what people perceive of him, and should be playing test cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread