Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Other thing is the nature of these Indian pitches , they need to put something in it for the bowlers. I really dont think we gonna get an even contest between bat and ball.
The nature of the pitch doesn't (and shouldn't) favor the nature of the Australian bowling attack. I expect this pitch to crumble around Day 3 and for the spinners to cause the Australians a lot of trouble, especially in the second dig.

Something for the bowlers? you probably meant Pace Bowlers, Beacuse spin bowlers definetley extract turn and bounce out of Indian Pitches, Howver as a Pace Bowlers, Only if you bowl exceptionally well you will be rewarded early in the innings...

Some thoughts from me. 311/5 is an impressive effort from India against three good bowlers and some able support. Siddle impressed me, he is quick and holds a good line, I could see him dominating given a seaming wicket.

Tendulkar's innings was very good and it is good to see him in the runs again after a drought which was nearing ludicrousy considering the class of the man. I thought that the fireworks display as Tendulkar broke the record was a farce and it detracted from the contest, but Tendulkar's interview, as expected, shows that at least he has his priorities right, contrary to popular belief from internet posters. It is a massive shame though that none of India's batsmen could convert their starts and I only hope that this proves to be a low scoring contest.

The inclusion of Mishra is a shocking (surprising, not poor) one indeed but could prove to have its merits if this pitch disintegrates by the fourth innings. There are pros and cons, but it is an interesting move.

I hope Mishra performs well, So there is some selection dilemma for the next Test...:p

Out of curiosity, is anyone as sick of Gavaskar as I am?

Possibly the least biased tv 'personality' going around :p

rickyp added 0 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

What did he do?

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Did not watch the game today but how is the wicket looking.
Is it the kind of `road` you see in Pakistan or you have been seeing in Mohali for the past few years ?

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...
I think you have`nt heard Ranjit Fernando,Stutter Ali Khan (sorry Athar) or Aamir Sohail !

It has good bounce and pace, but no sideways movement whatsoever. Clarke and White got no turn whatsoever. I felt that fast bowlers bending their backs, or the batsmen getting too positive for themselves led to wickets. And I feel this wicket will deteriorate as the game progresses although it wont be big.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Haven't seen zMario in a while.

There is nothing to speak bad abt Sachin. He saved a game for India with his 49 which was a big problem for him. Now as usual, he has got a record and given India a good platform.

Manee said:
Siddle impressed me, he is quick and holds a good line, I could see him dominating given a seaming wicket.

I saw a little of the highlights this evening and I thought Siddle was far too down leg stump. His higher than others Run rate confirms that. He looked quick though and you can never base an opinion on a bowler who has bowled one day in India!

Siddle looked pretty good. Given the conditions, he could prove to be a tough cookie. I just hope that he never gets those conditions during this tour! :)

I saw a little of the highlights this evening and I thought Siddle was far too down leg stump. His higher than others Run rate confirms that. He looked quick though and you can never base an opinion on a bowler who has bowled one day in India!

Obviously it is just a first judgement and he is a bit raw, but the talent is there and he is certainly not beyond improvement toward a good Test bowler.

Siddle didn't impress me at all actually. Cameron White is obviously not good enough for test cricket. As far as i'm concerned, he's a slogger who can bowl some handy spin. I don't rate him. I'd rather have seen Hilfenhaus again.

India are in a strong position in my opinion. They have two greats at the crease who need to get big scores.

Nice first wicket for Siddle, bowled alright yesterday but he can lift a lot more.

If we want a replacement for Jaques I'd rather go David Hussey or Roy. Marsh had a good last season but he still only has a FC average of 35, no way has he deserved a spot over Dave.

Nice first wicket for Siddle, bowled alright yesterday but he can lift a lot more.

If we want a replacement for Jaques I'd rather go David Hussey or Roy. Marsh had a good last season but he still only has a FC average of 35, no way has he deserved a spot over Dave.

Roy all the way :D tbh he is not performing well these days for Bulls :( so Dave suits well imo.

Siddle didn't impress me at all actually. Cameron White is obviously not good enough for test cricket. As far as i'm concerned, he's a slogger who can bowl some handy spin. I don't rate him. I'd rather have seen Hilfenhaus again.

India are in a strong position in my opinion. They have two greats at the crease who need to get big scores.

Yeah, Ishant is one of the greatest in the world....:p

I have a feeling that Dhoni will click here. He is captaining the side, plus he has a wicket that has no movement at all and with good true bounce that will suit his gameplay. Captaincy inspires good responsible batting from him, with all the more focus.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Siddle looked pretty good. Given the conditions, he could prove to be a tough cookie. I just hope that he never gets those conditions during this tour! :)

Yes, he will be more than a handful on conditions that help fast bowlers. But there is almost no chance he will get that either in Delhi or Nagpur.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I hope Mishra performs well, So there is some selection dilemma for the next Test...:p

I just had a dream of Mishra ripping through the Aussie batting line up with 7 wickets in the first innings, and 6 wickets in the 2nd innings (a'la Harbhajan in 2001) and getting himself both the remaining games of the series.:D

How nice it would be for India if this happens?

Users who are viewing this thread