Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

They have two greats at the crease who need to get big scores.

Ishant Sharma's going to beat Sachin within this test itself!

Cricketman added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I just had a dream of Mishra ripping through the Aussie batting line up with 7 wickets in the first innings, and 6 wickets in the 2nd innings (a'la Harbhajan in 2001) and getting himself both the remaining games of the series.:D

How nice it would be for India if this happens?

Australia have had a record of finding it tough against those 'third spinners' in India. Anyone remember Murali Kartik take those seven wickets to dismiss the Aussies for 93?

I dont see Mishra, although he is a very fine bowler, ripping through international lineups. You've got to feel for Murali, he's done nothing wrong and was dropped last year after a 6-fer against the Aussies. I would have liked to see him back as the third spinner here, but it didn't happen.

Australia have had a record of finding it tough against those 'third spinners' in India. Anyone remember Murali Kartik take those seven wickets to dismiss the Aussies for 93?

I dont see Mishra, although he is a very fine bowler, ripping through international lineups. You've got to feel for Murali, he's done nothing wrong and was dropped last year after a 6-fer against the Aussies. I would have liked to see him back as the third spinner here, but it didn't happen.

Lets not say that too early. Maybe if Mishra can settle himself down, he can do it. He is a genuine turner of the ball unlike Kumble. He is more of flight and turn than Kumble. I guess he has the stuff to succeed

saisrini, in response to Gavaskar,

there were 3 moments in particular that I noticed:

1. When Ponting had a throw at the stumps when Gambhir jumped before grounding the bat, Gavaskar brought the replay up, to imply that Ponting was intentionally throwing the ball at Gambhir. I can't remember his exact words, but his tone was something like, "gee, gambhir was a long way in there, did ponting need to throw?"

2. When he brought up Mark Waugh's statements about Dravid and his catching record, and implied that it was a personal attack against Dravid. If you saw the pre match segment with Waugh (Not sure if everyone gets this, or just Australians) then you would have seen it was very light hearted, and they were clearly having a laugh.

3. When Ganguly was stumped, but there was no replay shown, he tried to make a case as to how Ganguly wasn't out.

This is all after 1 days play. I'm not trying to say that he's the only commentator that is biased, but his anti-Australian agenda sticks out like a beached whale.

1. When Ponting had a throw at the stumps when Gambhir jumped before grounding the bat, Gavaskar brought the replay up, to imply that Ponting was intentionally throwing the ball at Gambhir. I can't remember his exact words, but his tone was something like, "gee, gambhir was a long way in there, did ponting need to throw?"

2. When he brought up Mark Waugh's statements about Dravid and his catching record, and implied that it was a personal attack against Dravid. If you saw the pre match segment with Waugh (Not sure if everyone gets this, or just Australians) then you would have seen it was very light hearted, and they were clearly having a laugh.

3. When Ganguly was stumped, but there was no replay shown, he tried to make a case as to how Ganguly wasn't out.

This is all after 1 days play. I'm not trying to say that he's the only commentator that is biased, but his anti-Australian agenda sticks out like a beached whale.

Gavaskar is absolutely biased and a rubbish commentator just like Ranjit Fernando, Rameez raza and Ian Healy

My fun of India's batting made me not give too much importance to these things.

But yeah, GAVASKAR IS ANTI-AUSTRALIA! He has a problem with the Australians, and you can clearly tell that from the way he talks about them.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Gavaskar is absolutely biased and a rubbish commentator just like Ranjit Fernando, Rameez raza and Ian Healy

He is not as rubbish as the mentioned three, but he is biased. But not every commentator needs to be neutral. Some will cover it from India's point of view. They are like lawyers. They take the side that they want to (lawyers do it for money, commentators do it not only for money but maybe for their patriotic interests or vested interests)

Congrats to Sachin, on surpassing my all time favourite Brian Charles Lara. We won't see a calibre of players like these 2, and they have graced the cricketing world with their sheer ingenuity! All the best to my fellow Indian supporters on the forum, and congrats to them too, Sachin has made them proud! I won't comment on which batsman is better, as this debate will go on for eons...the world will come to an end, and this debate will still continue...:)

Congrats to Sachin, on surpassing my all time favourite Brian Charles Lara. We won't see a calibre of players like these 2, and they have graced the cricketing world with their sheer ingenuity! All the best to my fellow Indian supporters on the forum, and congrats to them too, Sachin has made them proud! I won't comment on which batsman is better, as this debate will go on for eons...the world will come to an end, and this debate will still continue...:)

Thanks a lot man. And yes - we do miss Brian Charles Lara so much. World cricket wont be the same when the moment comes where we wont see these two greats again with a cricket bat in hand.

Did not watch the game today but how is the wicket looking.
Is it the kind of `road` you see in Pakistan or you have been seeing in Mohali for the past few years ?

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I think you have`nt heard Ranjit Fernando,Stutter Ali Khan (sorry Athar) or Aamir Sohail !
No one is as bad as Sunil. I saw him in the back ground on his laptop as they showed the commentators. I could just picture him typing up another article about his hate for Australia.

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Cricketman added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Yeah, on one of the worst pitches ever made. Even Michael Clarke got 6-9.

Congrats Sachin Tendulkar That was a well deserved half century you are a real legend that record breaking 88 runs will give a tight slap to the English commentators who say Endulkar.:mad

worldchampions Sachin will score 100 in next innings our match as you saw he played every stroke with great confidence :cool:

Aussies are so lucky they witnessed a legend breaking record Live :D

Go Sachin you make India pround and it's really a great gift of god to Indian cricket team

Congrats Sachin Tendulkar That was a well deserved half century you are a real legend that record breaking 88 runs will give a tight slap to the English commentators who say Endulkar.:mad

worldchampions Sachin will score 100 in next innings our match as you saw he played every stroke with great confidence :cool:

Aussies are so lucky they witnessed a legend breaking record Live :D

Go Sachin you make India pround and it's really a great gift of god to Indian cricket team

Maybe time for you to have an earpiece ;)

Looking forward to this days play. India are on top obviously. Australia need quick wickets. The Indians are bound for 450+ at the moment.

Ha ha Sunny cracked a funny! :eek: :D

Nicholas: (The plane) makes some noise doesn't it?
Sunny: Sure does, it would be the right time to get a nick.

I laughed.

No body times it like Ganguly.

Cricketman added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

No one is as bad as Sunil. I saw him in the back ground on his laptop as they showed the commentators. I could just picture him typing up another article about his hate for Australia.

Gilly Fan added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Yeah, on one of the worst pitches ever made. Even Michael Clarke got 6-9.

Kartik did it again in the ODI series last year.

Users who are viewing this thread