Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Please selectors, look at the facts and stats and realize that Watson does not deserve his spot compared to the likes of David Hussey and Noffke to name a few. He's a dud who averaged only 33 last season with the bat and only took 9 wickets all season compared to Noffkes 51 in 10 games and Noffkes 700 odd runs at 46.

Indeed, it would seem that although Watson is capable of the good knock, his bowling is negligable on such dosile surfaces. Watson seems unfit too, whether this is an adverse reaction to the humidity or whether he is injured again, I'm not sure.

Maybe Kumble can make a surprise mid-series retirement announcement? :p

...Or prolong his injury by over-bowling in the nets.

The team is selected for only two tests. Its so clear that this team under Dhoni, and without Kumble is totally different. The body language is different, and even the senior players are doing well under his captaincy. And Mishra is proving to be a great replacement for Jumbo.

Please Jumbo - QUIT NOW! We salute your achievements, and wish you great luck for the rest of ur life.

Australia's problem is that they have one utility player too many. A player who will never be the best batsman or the best bowler in the team. Don't tell me that's an all rounder because I'll just say Andrew Flintoff or Jacques Kallis. In an attempt to lengthen the batting line up they have seriously weakening the bowling line up. I am not willing to believe that White is the second best spinner in Australia and I know many/all of you don't think that either.

Why i feel ponting's going to lose patience and fire words at the media about incidents happened in the match.. Starting off with "India played well.. but, ........ (bringing and talking about the incidents happened)

No offence.. But, i feel he will do this after india wins the match. No offence, once again.

Wouldn't heap too much on Sharma at the moment. Harbhajan has won this one. There are four really dangerous batsmen in the lineup and Harbhajan got three of them out. He's bowled well, but Harbhajan has done it.

Its hard to go past the fact that he doesn't get tail enders he gets the big guns. Hussey and Ponting both out to Sharma in the 1st inns then Ponting again in the 2nd inns with a ripper. Harby might have started this mess but all his wickets have been in part due to the batsmen recklessness while Sharma left Ponting and Watson with no hope.

If India even consider making changes for the next test then they're mental. There's no way that Kumble would have got a 5fer in that first innings, he's over the hill. If I was Kumble I'd retire I think, pass the ball to the younger Mishra and give the captaincy to the exciting Dhoni, who's done a superb job in this test. India looking very good here. Can England shotgun the next test against Australia please? I wouldn't mind facing this team atm (y)

Wow, you make it look like we're the best team in the world. NOT YET! This team is very prone to inconsistency. One day, we look world beaters and the other day we look pedestrian.

Wow, you make it look like we're the best team in the world. NOT YET! This team is very prone to inconsistency. One day, we look world beaters and the other day we look pedestrian.

If you were ever going to do it, it would have had to be in the last 5 years. Your team on paper is amazing.

Luckily we've done it 4 days in a row so far. Although that means the proverbial "one day" is probably coming.

Why the Indians have 1 floating slip is beyond me. They should be having 5 or 6 slip fielders. Especially with Sharma bowling.

Is it just me, or do other people feel that Haddin's out of his depth at Test level? I've watched him bat a good few times, and he's never looked comfortable, he may have a good domestic record, but that doesn't necessarily transfer to International cricket. He's a good keeper, but his batting leaves little to be desired. What do the Aussies feel?

I do feel that Australia have too many medicore players in the team atm, guys like White, Johnson, Watson, Haddin and Siddle. The team looked leagues stronger with Warne, McGrath, Symonds, Gilchrist and Clark in the team. Warne was the main reason that the 2005 Ashes was so close, without his amazing wicket tally they'd have really struggled, and I'd be more than happy to see this team arrive in England, I'd say that both India and South Africa look stronger atm, and England under Pietersen also look stronger in all departments, especially with Freddie back on form. What you reckon?

Australia's problem is that they have one utility player too many. A player who will never be the best batsman or the best bowler in the team. Don't tell me that's an all rounder because I'll just say Andrew Flintoff or Jacques Kallis. In an attempt to lengthen the batting line up they have seriously weakening the bowling line up. I am not willing to believe that White is the second best spinner in Australia and I know many/all of you don't think that either.

Agree said it before the series that we shouldn't go for a long batting lineup as it shows India we are aiming for the draw. Funny enough we have the long batting lineup yet we are going to lose. You can't play defensive cricket and expect to win. Our best option is to go with 4 pacemen atm until the selectors bring over Casson or any other spinner that has good control.

I'm not getting carried away.
You dodged a bullet in the First Test.
It seems whoever wins the toss and bats first is at a great advantage.

Why the Indians have 1 floating slip is beyond me. They should be having 5 or 6 slip fielders. Especially with Sharma bowling.
Dhoni changes his field around more time than the typical Indian supporter changes his opinion of our team--a hell of a lot. For the most part, though, he's done a good job.

As the commentators pointed out earlier, the ball hasn't really been going through the slip area in the air that much, so it's probably better not to err on the side of caution.

Users who are viewing this thread