Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

If you were ever going to do it, it would have had to be in the last 5 years. Your team on paper is amazing.

The team with the current seniors look great, but are more of an 'individual performances' team. The new bunch of youngsters are more of the collective effort guys. So I dont think we will never achieve it in the coming years after the exit of the seniors. If one goes, someone will come in.

Toss is Boss in india. 99% of the time, you could feel a little free with the toss when you're playing against opponents like bangladesh. But, those are old times.

I'm not getting carried away.
You dodged a bullet in the First Test.
It seems whoever wins the toss and bats first is at a great advantage.
I'm not sure how we dodged a bullet. Dodging a bullet would be if Australia drew this game. That match was saved with good, old classical Test cricket--something that Australia have failed miserably in demonstrating.

On another note, the Mishra is now on. :)

Morning all. Brilliant to see Harbhajan and Ishant rip through Australia like this. I hope beyond hope that Dhoni remains captain for the next Test as he has injected some life into this team and Amit Mishra bowled very well - always good to see a classic leg spin bowler, with a fair bit of flight and turn both ways.

Why the Indians have 1 floating slip is beyond me. They should be having 5 or 6 slip fielders. Especially with Sharma bowling.

Definately agree.

Is it just me, or do other people feel that Haddin's out of his depth at Test level? I've watched him bat a good few times, and he's never looked comfortable, he may have a good domestic record, but that doesn't necessarily transfer to International cricket. He's a good keeper, but his batting leaves little to be desired. What do the Aussies feel?

I do feel that Australia have too many medicore players in the team atm, guys like White, Johnson, Watson, Haddin and Siddle. The team looked leagues stronger with Warne, McGrath, Symonds, Gilchrist and Clark in the team. Warne was the main reason that the 2005 Ashes was so close, without his amazing wicket tally they'd have really struggled, and I'd be more than happy to see this team arrive in England, I'd say that both India and South Africa look stronger atm, and England under Pietersen also look stronger in all departments, especially with Freddie back on form. What you reckon?
You haven't seen Haddin at domestic level.
He hasn't done too badly anyway, an average in the 30's?
Better then what Boucher's is.
Just give him time.

Also Siddle isn't a dud.
He bowled really well on this pitch, considering the conditions.
3 of his 4 wickets came from batsman who were on 88, 92 and 90? Hardly a bad effort.
His a better bowler then Stuart Broad, I doubt Broad would've even taken a wicket on this pitch.

Why i feel ponting's going to lose patience and fire words at the media about incidents happened in the match.. Starting off with "India played well.. but, ........ (bringing and talking about the incidents happened)

No offence.. But, i feel he will do this after india wins the match. No offence, once again.
I feel he'll start off with "Only one team was playing in the spirit of the game out there *Cough* Us *Cough*" :)

Is it just me, or do other people feel that Haddin's out of his depth at Test level? I've watched him bat a good few times, and he's never looked comfortable, he may have a good domestic record, but that doesn't necessarily transfer to International cricket. He's a good keeper, but his batting leaves little to be desired. What do the Aussies feel?

I do feel that Australia have too many medicore players in the team atm, guys like White, Johnson, Watson, Haddin and Siddle. The team looked leagues stronger with Warne, McGrath, Symonds, Gilchrist and Clark in the team. Warne was the main reason that the 2005 Ashes was so close, without his amazing wicket tally they'd have really struggled, and I'd be more than happy to see this team arrive in England, I'd say that both India and South Africa look stronger atm, and England under Pietersen also look stronger in all departments, especially with Freddie back on form. What you reckon?

I think you're exaggerating a lot. India in India is a tough task even when we did have McGrath and Warne. Clark is going to be back in the team, so it's not like we're going to have that spot taken up by a mediocre player. Neither of England or South Africa would beat the current Australian team at home, and I reckon Australia should be able to beat England in England. India are a team with a few young players playing really well in Gambhir, Dhoni, Sharma and Mishra.

Haddin would stroll into the England test side. When he's batting well, he's can be as dominant as Gilchrist was. That comment will come back to bite you in hindsight.

I agree there are more mediocre players, but isn't it obvious when you lose two of the greatest bowlers of all time you are going to have less talent in your team? Lee is rubbish and I want him dropped, but Siddle and Johnson could develop well, as both have shown good signs this series. Clark is our best bowler, and not having him has been a big blow. We need a good spinner desperately, I'll give you that. White's part-time leg-spin which doesn't spin won't ever be the answer, and the selectors must realise that.

Also Siddle isn't a dud.
He bowled really well on this pitch, considering the conditions.
3 of his 4 wickets came from batsman who were on 88, 92 and 90? Hardly a bad effort.
His a better bowler then Stuart Broad, I doubt Broad would've even taken a wicket on this pitch.

Siddle bowled well, he was quick and hit the pitch hard but I wouldn't say he bowled 'really' well though, he did serve up his fair share of tripe, consequently going for over four runs per over in each innings.

Why i feel ponting's going to lose patience and fire words at the media about incidents happened in the match.. Starting off with "India played well.. but, ........ (bringing and talking about the incidents happened)

No offence.. But, i feel he will do this after india wins the match. No offence, once again.
Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'd say it is the sort of thing I'd expect from India. My opinion, as I said, we're all entitled to them.

Maybe we need to send an SOS to Gilly and Warne? :)

Nah, Haddin will fire a big innings soon. It looks just around the corner. He's making starts, but just can't go on with it.

About Siddle, he was close to if not our best bowler this test. He took the most wickets for us.

At least some credit to India?
Well, credit where it's due; there's a variety of degrees. They won at the WACA, but Australia still made them work and played well in a number of sessions. Up to this point one could at least assume Australia were trying their best, but on this innings it's safe to say they've thrown it away.

I never said Siddle was a dud, he just seems abit medicore, and nothing particularly special, going at 4 an over in both innings isn't exactly brilliant tbh, It's abit early to judge though, i'll admit that. Mitchell Johnson's the main worry for me, how he gets in this team is beyond me. 2 of his 3 wickets in the first innings were luck more than judgement, getting 2 players clipping down the leg-side is very lucky. He may have good pace, but his control is woeful. He's certainly no Sidebottom or Zaheer.

You're right, I've never see Haddin at Domestic Level, but again, being top in Domestic cricket doesn't always mean a guarenteed success at international level. Best example in England is Mark Ramprakash, fantastic Domestic record, poor Test record. I'm not writing him off yet, but from what I've seen from Haddin in both Tests and ODi's, i've not been impressed tbh. I'm sure if he gets comfortable he'll be good though as he does have a very good domestic record.

Well it's been a good day's play for India. I'm going to watch one more over of Mishra before heading to bed.

Australia still have 2 decent batsmen in the hut with Cameron White and Brett Lee. Although this win should now be a matter of time, we should strive to get at least one more wicket tonight. Maybe it can be Clarke in the last over of the day. :)

I feel he'll start off with "Only one team was playing in the spirit of the game out there *Cough* Us *Cough*" :)

I'm not talking about fairplay, but rather about the incidents and bad decisions that were given for both the sides.

Users who are viewing this thread