Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

After two poor Tests?! Is that not a tad harsh or do you feel that he is 'done' in the long term and that pace and bite will never return?

TO be fair to Binga, he has had split webbing in his finger. And it is the first time he's bowled in India.

I never said Siddle was a dud, he just seems abit medicore, and nothing particularly special. Mitchell Johnson's the main worry for me, how he gets in this team is beyond me. 2 of his 3 wickets in the first innings were luck more than judgement, getting 2 players clipping down the leg-side is very lucky. He may have good pace, but his control is woeful. He's certainly no Sidebottom or Zaheer.

He is no Sidebottom or Zaheer, but he is much much quicker and so can afford less accuracy. I think Johnson has shown a lot of promise on a slow pitch. The issue with Johnson is that he is doesn't have a set way to get all of his wickets, they just happen. He needs to decide whether he is going to probe for the edge behind, look to bowl batsmen, look to bounce them out, etc.

Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions. I'd say it is the sort of thing I'd expect from India. My opinion, as I said, we're all entitled to them.
Interesting, seeing the only team that's been talking extensively to the media after the Test series started has been Australia. In fact, apart from Sehwag's loose cannon, it's mainly Ponting who has been babbling off about the Fab5 and Zaheer Khan's performances.

I think we need to really regroup and think about the way we play after this test. And to think there is still 2 more tests remaining. I think we can bounce back, but it'll be very tough.

Siddle has definitely been Australia's best bowler this test. How severe is Clark's injury? And would Lee ever be dropped for Bollinger?

TO be fair to Binga, he has had split webbing in his finger. And it is the first time he's bowled in India.
In a Test series, yes. But he's bowled as many games in India as he has in New Zealand when it comes to ODI's, so he's no stranger to the conditions.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I think we need to really regroup and think about the way we play after this test. And to think there is still 2 more tests remaining. I think we can bounce back, but it'll be very tough.
Luckily for Australia, this is something India has been really good at doing over this decade: relinquishing an advantage. So many times we have gone up in a series only to lose 2 on the trot and finish up on the losing side.

In a Test series, yes. But he's bowled as many games in India as he has in New Zealand when it comes to ODI's, so he's no stranger to the conditions.

sohummisra added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Luckily for Australia, this is something India has been really good at doing over this decade: relinquishing an advantage. So many times we have gone up in a series only to lose 2 on the trot and finish up on the losing side.

The white ball is far different from the red ball.

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Haddin can you please stop trying to hit the ball to Chittagong!

Siddle has definitely been Australia's best bowler this test. How severe is Clark's injury? And would Lee ever be dropped for Bollinger?

Pretty worrying tbh seeing Siddle was far from great. Clark should be back for the next test and I can't see the selectors dropping Lee. Any of the 4 Indian bowlers would have been our best bowler, thats how bad our bowlers have gone.

Not very severe and maybe in a couple of years. Pleast remember what he has gone through lately.

I never said Siddle was a dud, he just seems abit medicore, and nothing particularly special, going at 4 an over in both innings isn't exactly brilliant tbh, It's abit early to judge though, i'll admit that. Mitchell Johnson's the main worry for me, how he gets in this team is beyond me. 2 of his 3 wickets in the first innings were luck more than judgement, getting 2 players clipping down the leg-side is very lucky. He may have good pace, but his control is woeful. He's certainly no Sidebottom or Zaheer.

You're right, I've never see Haddin at Domestic Level, but again, being top in Domestic cricket doesn't always mean a guarenteed success at international level. Best example in England is Mark Ramprakash, fantastic Domestic record, poor Test record. I'm not writing him off yet, but from what I've seen from Haddin in both Tests and ODi's, i've not been impressed tbh. I'm sure if he gets comfortable he'll be good though as he does have a very good domestic record.
So? I remember last year in the England vs India match when James Anderson was taking 4/180 in English conditions (argueably the most bowler friendly conditions in the world) and going at over 4 runs and yet I hear the praises of the Englishmen saying that his one of the best bowlers in the world!
Just wait until Siddle bowls in conditions that offer a little.

As for England challenging Australia.
If I remember rightly, I remember seeing England copping a bigger flogging at the hands of Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and that was before Mendis debuted.
In that series Broad took something like 1/95, on debut.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/291224.html

Users who are viewing this thread