Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

I dont see any reason for Marsh to come in Aussie side. Its bowling that is letting them down. One Hayden innings and they will score 500 runs easily.

What is reason for having White in side. He does not look a game saver from the way he bats and he could not do anything else from where he batted in lineup.

The best thing Aussies could have done was call Roy back and let him add more spice to the contest as this series has had no controvercy and its getting too boring comparing last time they met.

Border has challenged the Australian selectors to take a punt on Krejza. Pretty much what I said early today Border has backed up "If you've taken him away there's a reason for that and now is the moment of truth. They've just got to have the guts to play him - and I think they need to."

Have to at least try Krejza as we know White isn't a front line bowler and neither is Clarke.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24553731-23212,00.html

Krezja won't do any better with the ball then what White will though, that's the problem.

If we play him instead of White then all we are doing is weakening our batting and our bowling won't be strengthen at all.

I think we need either Dan Cullen, Beau Casson or Aaron Heal flown over to India immediately.

On a side note, Krezja used to play in the same junior competition as I used to.

Leave Kreza, why is Marsh coming ?
Because Jaques is injured, this was announced last week already.

We definitely need a spinner here though, I say go for Cullen, is the most promising of our future bowlers at this stage, and has started off alright in the season.

Australia need a spinner. Unless all four of their pace-bowlers excel, they will still be a spin-bowler sure. The punt they have to make is to decide between the probability of four pacers doing well and a rookie spinner doing well against a world-class line-up against spin. I would go with the four pacers.

Because Jaques is injured, this was announced last week already.

We definitely need a spinner here though, I say go for Cullen, is the most promising of our future bowlers at this stage, and has started off alright in the season.

I know that he is repalcing Jaques. IF Marsh comes then either Haydos or Katman will be dropped. So far Katman has played well and i don't think Haydos will be dropped. So, what the point calling another batsman rather than a bowler

I know that he is repalcing Jaques. IF Marsh comes then either Haydos or Katman will be dropped. So far Katman has played well and i don't think Haydos will be dropped. So, what the point calling another batsman rather than a bowler
If a batsman gets injured, same reason Jaques was in the squad. Seems logical.

They've got 3 spare bowlers and one spare batsman in the squad.

What the hell makes you think that?!

Marsh won't play a Test Match.

Dropping 1 of 2 batsman who average 54 in first-class cricket for a batsman averaging 33 in first-class cricket when you are 1-0 down in a best of 4 series, heading into the third would be the most illogical selection in sporting history. Especially when one of those batsman is the greatest Opening Batsman of all time.

What the hell makes you think that?!

Marsh won't play a Test Match.

Dropping 1 of 2 batsman who average 54 in first-class cricket for a batsman averaging 33 in first-class cricket when you are 1-0 down in a best of 4 series, heading into the third would be the most illogical selection in sporting history. Especially when one of those batsman is the greatest Opening Batsman of all time.

Chill, hunior Hayden :p we need a bowler not an another batsman.

No we need both, but putting Marsh into the squad is absolutely illogical. Again the selectors with the silver spoon, giving players opportunities they don't deserve. Seriously what has he done to even deserve to be picked in the one day side?

Frankly Speaking. Give Krejza a chance, he could change the entire game on his own. -->> India.

Krejza to Sehwag: 6,6,4,6,4,6...etc

Don't play him him, If he got smashed like that against the Boards XI (6 an Over 20 Overs), Imagine what the likes of Sehwag and Co could do. Stick with White, He bowled decently, Okay he got a bit of stick against Dhoni but that was only because we were on the attack, apart from that he bowled decently.

Users who are viewing this thread