Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Yes Sachin agrees that Indo-aus matches has more rivalry in past 8 years as both teams plays tough Cricket

Chennai, sure. Kolkata, no way in hell. Any ground which supports the opponents versus the home team just because the local-boy is not playing, and in that manner, should be ignored when it comes to scheduling big matches.

Hell do you know a bit about Calcutta that you're talking.There is a great crowd there

shubhrayu added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

His average will become 0 as he will bring in an injury with him to India and get owned by Harbhajan :laugh

Think guys before you speak Ponting has always hammered India when needed.

Recently he has hammered India with his batting by scoring 140 in the Adelaide Test but sadly that turned out to be a draw :rolleyes:

Oh so you challenge Ponting's batting.The India-Australia Series is actually decided and it is Australia who would win it this time for sure

When is it all starting? Can someone (or Sid, the thread starter) post the fixtures and dates in the first post?

Here the fixutres

September 2008
Sat 27 - Sun 28 Rajasthan Cricket Association's Centre of Excellence v Australians
Venue TBC

October 2008
Thu 2 - Sun 5
04:00 GMT TBC v Australians
Venue TBC

Thu 9 - Mon 13
09:30 local, 04:00 GMT 1st Test - India v Australia
M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

Fri 17 - Tue 21
09:30 local, 04:00 GMT 2nd Test - India v Australia

Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali, Chandigarh
Wed 29 - Sun 2
09:30 local, 04:00 GMT 3rd Test - India v Australia
Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi

November 2008
Thu 6 - Mon 10
09:30 local, 04:00 GMT 4th Test - India v Australia
Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground, Nagpur

Thanks Ayub. So it starts on October 9th. Damn, in the middle of my Fall quarter when my midterms will go on. Cant have those "no sleep" days to watch the series.

On Ponting, I guess this time he will be more careful not to repeat his previous mistakes and would come more determined to erase his woeful record in India. He is one of the top batsmen in world cricket, and should be given that respect irrespective of his record in India

Oh cool the Aussies are back in action in 7 days. Probably won't see Bollinger bowl in that tour match seeing as hes already has some practice with the A side.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/370494.html

"Watson gets Ponting's nod for Test XI return
Cricinfo staff
September 19, 2008

Ricky Ponting has backed Shane Watson to make his Test comeback during the upcoming series against India, and will be "surprised" if the allrounder doesn't play the opening Test in Bangalore, beginning on October 9.

I hope Aussies know what they doing. I would feel more comfortable having Katich at #6. Watson has all the talent in the world and could be anything but I don't like his chances against Indian spinners. His bowling is handy but not really test standard. Its a big gamble but who knows this could turn out to be a masterstroke.

Actually a bowling attack with Lee,Clark,Johnson,Watson, Mcgain and Clarke look pretty good.

I think they should let Watto a chance in the 1st Test, I am sure he will contribute with a handy score and will take few wickets as well. Katich is just not consistent enough.

I think they should let Watto a chance in the 1st Test, I am sure he will contribute with a handy score and will take few wickets as well. Katich is just not consistent enough.

No doubt he has the talent to do well in test cricket. But I don't know if he has done enough to justify his selection yet. Katich had a great pura cup season last summer , did well in West Indies and had success in India in the last tour.

Oh and its just hard to see watto lasting 4 test matches without getting injured.Its harsh but true.

Users who are viewing this thread