Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Krejza. And hes no where near as good as Casson or McGain.

Wow, he must suck major balls then.

I think this series will be a lot calmer than the last one as the players are now aware of what happened the last time things got heated up. We'll be seeing a lot of players saying the old 'There are no problems between the players of India and Australia. What happens on the field, stays on the field. We all enjoy a good cold beer together after the day's play. At the end of the day, cricket's just a game. bla bla bla'

Sachin in danger of missing series - Source: Cricinfo/Times of India

That will be a dent to the team's atmosphere (when Sachin is around, the players feel better), though they wont be hurt with the skills. Sachin's recent form has been patchy, and a youngster might do better if given the chance. This is the ideal opportunity for Badrinath (who has replaced Sachin in the ROI side for the Irani trophy). If Badri makes a good hundred (or a substantial score), he can sneak into the test side in place of Sachin and that will be very interesting.

PLEASE DONT BRING BACK GANGULY JUST BECAUSE SACHIN MIGHT MISS OUT!

I'm nearly 100% sure it'll be Badrinath who will replace Tendulkar if he does get injured. Badri seems to be 'following' Sachin around, lately :p.

Take a break Sachin , you deserve it ;)

Interesting article on tactics used by the Aussies in the last Indian tour.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cr...1221935452108.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Gillespie believes a key component to Australia's success then was his team's fitness and willingness to experiment with unorthodox game plans. Having observed little physical improvement in the Indians in recent seasons, the 33-year-old is certain Australia's superior conditioning will prove a crucial factor in the Border-Gavaskar series over the next two months.

"I heard Ricky Ponting say that they'll probably use tactics similar to 2004, and I think that's the right way to go," Gillespie said. "I remember one of the big things we did was working on the fitness of the Indian batsmen. They're not regarded as the fittest blokes in the world, and generally score their runs either walking singles or hitting fours. So we would have three or four sweepers out at different times, and the tactic worked really well. To VVS Laxman and Virender Sehwag it was particularly effective

Dad's army might struggle again this time....:cool:

My predictions of this Test series:

Bangalore: Draw
Mohali: Draw
Delhi: Australia
Nagpur: India

Casson is a tank in domestic cricket. Hes probabaly the second best spinner so I was referring to that.

Then why were even some Australian fans saying he's got to be the worst player to have played for Australia?

certainly not

i dont believe this to happen.Mohali is considered most of the times as a result producing and sporty pitch.i think it might go the other way.
coming on to badrinath,he seems to be a player somewhat similar to mohammed kaif ,who tries to work the ball around and look for singles rather than trying for big shots. so imo he would be ideal for test matches rather than ODIs or T20s.

Totally Wrong :rtfl

Banglore: Australia (Foreign team love Banglore)
Mohali: Australia (Bret Lee's home ground on India :p)
Delhi: India

Wrong :p. Remember how Jumbo ripped through Pakistan Last Year here and of course when he got his Ten-fer ;) He'll be dissapointed if he doesn't get at least 10 wickets here altogether...

Mohali and draw? Its the best sporting wicket in the country. In fact, visiting teams relish Mohali wickets almost everytime. A result is 99.95% possible at Mohali. Bangalore has an upgraded wicket. It will either play true to its expectation, or might perform to the other extreme and might also aid a result (although I wont be as sure as Mohali).

I predict a draw at Delhi. Lot are predicting an absolute patta of a wicket (flat as pancake one). Batters will probably sleep on it for hours. I agree with your assessment only on the Nagpur one.

it will be very interesting, this series to see how the wickets turn out. I hope for a result on all 4 games. No draws please (although delhi might be!)

We need to get Irfan back for the Nagpur game. His favorite track by far, I remember he got a bagful of wickets and some solid runs last time against the Aussies I think it was.

I also remember when he came in at three and slog-swept Warne for six. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread