Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Are you guys confident enough to play with 6 batters? If so then I'd go with one of those two you mentioned. That being said how much more will Pathan add as a batter compared with the bowlers and then will his bowling be up to scratch.

I think we will play RP Singh or Munaf instead of Pathan. Right now, they're better than him.

Na, I highly doubt that, Because we need Kumble, Bhajji, Zaheer and Ishant and we can't afford to play one of them at 7. Besides RP Singh is not the best of bowlers in India and Munaf...Meh...

The five bowler set up is an important one to consider because a four bowler configuration is harder to pick. For certain pitches, India would probably be forced to either omit Harbhajan or a valuable third fast bowler. In practice you could easily find neither to be the right choice.

"The big strength we have is the Indians might think we're inexperienced, and perhaps in Test cricket in this country we are, but the guys that have come in have played a lot of first-class cricket for their states. I think it would be a bit of a mistake to underestimate the newer, more inexperienced guys in our team."- Hussey

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/371019.html

If harbhajan can turn ball like he did in 2001,experienced or no-experience will make no difference,that time he took 32 wickets in 3 matches,lets se,,even harbhajan is eager for the series,it will be sure cracker of a series.

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

"I am sick of all the bad boy crap; I've no interest in hearing about how controversies follow me wherever I go. I'm going to stay away from all that."
(Harbhajan was quoted as saying in The Australian on Wednesday.)

Only one Turbunator will be enough for all Aussies.

The five bowler set up is an important one to consider because a four bowler configuration is harder to pick. For certain pitches, India would probably be forced to either omit Harbhajan or a valuable third fast bowler. In practice you could easily find neither to be the right choice.

Hmmm. Was quite successful in England playing three quicks (RP, Zaheer, Sree) and Kumble, However in India both the conditions and the pitches are different, and plus RP is crap in India and Bhajji sort of good....

McGain not able to bowl in our first nets session. Sure does put an interesting twist on selection especially if he doesn't play in the tour match. Do they go with someone that will be rusty or take a punt on a spinner with a FC average over 40. Of course could pick Bollinger and take a huge risk with no spinner.

I'll be interested to see either McGain or Krejza. Seeing this article said about him by Trevor Bayliss. The likes of Bayliss, Ponting and I've also heard Jason Gillespie talk about how he can spin the ball a long way. The fact that he's practising a "carrom" ball in the nets, means he might have something about him.

Wouldn't Australia pick Peter Siddle instead of Bollinger? We've heard the likes of Dean say he'll be the next best thing and is one of the best young bowlers in Australia at the moment. Bollinger played for Worcestershire in 2007 and didn't bowl so we so I haven't been able to see him at his peak.

Siddle is definitely the future of Australia but he won't be picked before Bollinger. Bollinger has been in great form since you last saw him taking 5 fers all over the place including in Pakistan when Aus A toured last year then carried that form into the domestic comp to be the leading wicket taker and then backed that up with wickets during the A tour against India.

It was interesting to read about Krejza, certainly sounds aggressive and a quick turner.

Siddle is definitely the future of Australia but he won't be picked before Bollinger. Bollinger has been in great form since you last saw him taking 5 fers all over the place including in Pakistan when Aus A toured last year then carried that form into the domestic comp to be the leading wicket taker and then backed that up with wickets during the A tour against India.

Fair enough. I've just looked up some stats and Bollinger has taken 45 wickets in 7 matches at 15 in the Pura cup. Although Siddle has 33 wickets in 8 matches at 17, which good for Australia seam bowling.

Siddle over FC stats are freaky. Hes almost got a 5 fer a match. Injury has been his main problem but I see this tour being more a development one for him rather than a playing one. Johnson will get the go ahead unless Siddle or Bollinger go crazy in the tour match.

Saw a bit of mcgain on youtube in a tour match against india ages ago, even though he was being hit he looks like a pretty decent bowler, gets some good spin and looks accurate. Wouldnt take the punt on kreza personally, would go with the 4 fast bowler lineup and watson, with clarkeys part timers having to do for spin. I dont think all the pitches will be traditional spinning pitches, there are less of those in india these days from what ive seen... not that i know anything bout the grounds to be played on.

Greg Chappell training with the Australia team :laugh Then I will be expecting some poor performances from them.

Users who are viewing this thread