Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Munaf has picked 4 wickets against Delhi in the Irani Trophy match (build up for the Aussie series). Looks like he is definite to be picked for the test team to support Zaheer and Ishant. Munaf slowly looks like turning around the corner. His performances in the SL ODI series showed an upward surge. And in tests, fielding is not going to be as important as that of the ODI's, and so I am tempted to pick Munaf over RP Singh.

Whats happened to Dravid's career? Is he really finished with? He doesnt look the same Dravid anymore and we have been praying that he comes back. But he is still the same scratchy Dravid (he is batting on 34 off 111 balls). Badrinath (a possible replacement for Dravid in tests) is batting with him. Hope Badri gets a huge score tomorrow and pushes aggressively for his selection

Dravid was always prone to slow starts, but this is also a very different innings from the first, where he hit some good shots. He's basically made no attempt to hit boundaries up to his 40, playing with very soft hands. I tend to think he's playing and missing a lot because he's keeping his bat inside the line, aware that there is movement in the pitch and that so long as the away movement doesn't hit the bat, the ball coming in is the bigger threat. The Rest of India know that probably 50 more runs puts them on top and 100 more runs is getting most of the way to a win. Dravid has all day to secure that for them, so this is definitely a good team innings.

If we play Munaf, Ishant, Zaheer, Kumble and Harbhajan. We will have to play one of these at 7...Don't you think that will weaken out batting line-up?

Greg Chappell training with the Australia team :laugh Then I will be expecting some poor performances from them.
Stupid Post.

Chappell will be good for them giving insights on tactics and conditions and so on

In the Irani trophy Ishant, Dhoni, Munaf, Zaheer, and Gambhir have been looking good according to the scores and stuff. Sehwag hasnt clicked yet but he probably will once the test starts. Dravid also played a good innings. And uh yeah, if Zaheer, Munaf, and Ishant can carry on this form along with Harbhajan (NOT counting on Kumble, he's going to fail) we should have a potent bowling attack.

As for our batsmen, Gambhir is pretty consistent now and Sehwag is unpredictable so you can never say with our openers. The only worrying factor is still our middle order. SO I guess it depends on if Laxman can continue to be the "Aussie Killer", if Tendulkar gains his form back, Dravid does atleast decent, and Dhoni can play like he does in ODIs. Also Badrinath for Ganguly would be a nice replacement.

In the Irani trophy Ishant, Dhoni, Munaf, Zaheer, and Gambhir have been looking good according to the scores and stuff. Sehwag hasnt clicked yet but he probably will once the test starts. Dravid also played a good innings. And uh yeah, if Zaheer, Munaf, and Ishant can carry on this form along with Harbhajan (NOT counting on Kumble, he's going to fail) we should have a potent bowling attack.

As for our batsmen, Gambhir is pretty consistent now and Sehwag is unpredictable so you can never say with our openers. The only worrying factor is still our middle order. SO I guess it depends on if Laxman can continue to be the "Aussie Killer", if Tendulkar gains his form back, Dravid does atleast decent, and Dhoni can play like he does in ODIs. Also Badrinath for Ganguly would be a nice replacement.

Easy to say, But spot on there...:p

Greg Chappell training with the Australia team :laugh Then I will be expecting some poor performances from them.

RCA is helping Aussie with every requirements, thats a huge advantage for us :) Chappel is there becasue he is involved with Rajasthan Cricket and with his experience and knowledge it will help us very much :D

Thing is even Buchanan cannot improve team India.

Batting order should be:

Sehwag
Gambhir
Laxman
Tendulkar
Dravid
Badrinath
Dhoni

Playing Dravid down the order is a good thing. And that lineup looks so amazingly strong and moreso balanced to me.

With Kaif failing in this match and Badri having a decent hit in the second innings, I guess Badri will be the guy to sneak ahead. I also heard that the new set of selectors will select the side for this series (Krish Srikkanth is expected to be the chairman). So, it has to be Badrinath in for Ganguly

SACHIN IS DECLARED FIT! Thats good too. It will be a very interesting batting line up. Gambhir and Sehwag to open, followed by Laxman, Tendulkar, Dravid, Dhoni and Badrinath (yes, I am pushing Badri to no.7 because I dont want to see both Dravid and Badri in two consecutive spots). Dhoni has improved a lot and now can play the test type innings too, and he can show his attacking prowess whenever necessary. Also, Laxman is a better option (as also said by cricketman) at No.3 because in the event the openers fail, Dravid will come in and he is so scratchy and too slow these days that he will compound the problems for the team.

who said kumble will fail? I expect Kumble to bounce back strongly this series. he'z under pressure and he's a legend. he will bounce back well.

Last edited:
Aussies are 113/3 against Rajasthan. Hayden, Ponting and Hussey didn't do well and Katich is going on well. Looks like Watson's place in the team is in danger now.

Now Aussies need Clarke, Jaques and Haddin to step up along with Katich to get a big score in the cards, but then its just a 2 day match.

Last edited:
I'm really looking foward to this tour. I will get to kick back at the start of the second week of my holidays every day at around 2 to watch some cricket, brilliant! :)

Australia are now 176/7 with G Singh (a SLA bowler) taking 4/58.

Here is the scorecard.

This is not looking good for the Aussies, now they will have to depend more on their bowlers.

Great bowling by G Singh :clap

This G-Star Singh is looking very promising.

So is it final that Ganguly will not be playing?

If so, IMO thats brilliant. Badrinath looks the better player over him right now...

Users who are viewing this thread