Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

8) Anil Kumble C - Although he's not been performing great recently, We need his experience.
9) Harbhajan Singh - Bit of a Spaz, But can turn the ball a long way on a spinning track.
10) Zaheer Khan - Our best Pace Bowler ATM
11) Ishant Sharma - Is probably better than all the other Pace bowlers ATM and he's made a good impression agains Australia ;)

Contradiction much?

Disappointing stuff from the Aussie batsmen. I don't think that's a full Rajasthan side, either, it's a Rajasthan "Center of Excellence" side.

Pardon my memory, but why is Ganguly not there again? Form or injury?

For the sake of Indian Cricket, I hope it's Form...

Looks more like rustiness. Hayden and Ponting haven't played in months so very tough ask for them to come in first game in ages to hit their usual high standards. Katich 70 odd certainly will be putting pressure on Jaques especially with Watson also in the runs.

Over to the interesting side of the coin with our bowlers. The two leaders have got the wickets so far, now we see what the rest can do.

Hmm, this is very worrying indeed, despite only being a warmup game. I say with insufficient practice games coming up we're undoubtedly going to get trumped in a few tests before we start hitting our straps. That said it is a marvellous opportunity for Katich to stand out in the face his failing team mates and cement a spot in this team.

For the sake of Indian Cricket, I hope it's Form...

i dont get y people hate him and look at the last year who has done well for indian cricket plus he isnt the only one who failed in sri lanka series all top 4 batsman only sehwag and gambir did good plus i think he will be back for the aussies series there is a new selection panel

Greg Chappell : "I am also flattered by the fact that people think that I wield a magic wand and can change things overnight," he said. "Australia and India have played a lot against each other in recent times. The Indians must be having the footage of Australian players as much as the Australians have of the Indians. There are no secrets between the two teams now."

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

He will surely reveal few really very special secrets of Indian team to Aus.

I agree, Ganguly shouldn't be in the team. But its not because he's been a bad player lately, its just we need some fresher legs who aren't getting any younger in the team (Badrinath mainly) and Ganguly's always been the weakest of the Fantastic - Four.

Ganguly has played the best cricket of his life since his 'first' prime. He was amazing against Pakistan, decent against Australia, and before that quite awesome in the ODI format.

On the whole warm up game topic, I am very surprised that Australia, even though they're not used to the Indian conditions and whatnot, proved to be so ineffective against some Acadamy in Rajasthan of all places. Rajasthan, remember, is not known to produce many test cricketers even.

From an Indian perspective, i'm both excited and weary of the upcoming series. Excited, because the Australians haven't really looked comfortable in India. Weary, because Australia NEVER enter a series as the underdogs, they're number one. And with a bad start to their tour they'll be as committed as ever to bounce back to win this thing and to prove the nay-sayers wrong.

It'll be a good series, that's the only thing i'm sure of right now!

Hayden and Ponting have been out of the game for 3 months, so it's probably going to take them a while to dust off the cobwebs. Jaques hasn't played since the West Indies either, so I can't see why he hasn't batted at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pitch is exceptionally helpful to the spinners. You wouldn't really expect someone like Rao to bowl a heap of overs if there was no assistance.

Yes man. You are right. May be new selectors will have a look at it.

ya but i think fab four will be slected for sure as the new selectors probaly wanna make a new mark in indian cricket so if we loose badly they will be under pressure

Now I dont see how Ganguly should be dropped, selectors should not only look at how his form is, they have to look at how he plays. During the Sri Lanka Tests, only one seamer (Vaas) dismissed him once and others he was dismissed by Murali so it clearly shows he was struggling only against Murali. I am not so sure how Mcgain and Krejza is, but I think Ganguly is good enough to play the 2 spinners very comfortably and also do well against the Australian pacers.

Same goes with Dravid, Tendulkar (Who is injured, will take some time to get back in action) and Laxman.

Users who are viewing this thread