Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

94242.jpg

I'm confused. How can the Australians be slip fielding to Ricky Ponting? AND for Greg Chappell be in there?

Well he is the one who is going to be edging to slip when Bhajji's bowling, So might as well practice with him...

Jokes :p

Ahh I see, strange looking practise session. I thought they where playing today.

Yeah, It is kind of strange practicing with your proper whites on. They probably want the proper experience so they're used to it when in the real game...

I've just read, they had a session after the game. So i'd imagine Ricky Ponting is trying to get as much out of the pitches as he can.

I don't think personally he'll be able to overcome his India statistics. All greats have flaws, some have short ball flaws, others don't like Indian pitches. You wouldn't be a leged if they were perfect.

You cannot be serious. You have six days of practice matches in total against two teams compared to India's two days against one team when we toured Australia.

It's all about organizing your tour. You guys usually come in on the back of another series so you only have a week or so in Aus before the Test match If you guys want 6 days in there by my guest but good luck with that. I'm sure if you guys came as early as us we would give you guys more than enough tour games.

This G-Star Singh is looking very promising.

So is it final that Ganguly will not be playing?

If so, IMO thats brilliant. Badrinath looks the better player over him right now...

Badrinath looks more likely to get the nod for the test series. But with the new selection committee to select the team, we do not know what will happen. The selection is sure to be interesting.

I hope Badrinath gets it. This is the time for him. He can be a Hussey for our team (coming in late and doing well).

saisrini80 added 4 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Don't you think Badrinath deserves it though?...:rolleyes:

Of course. When will we give chances to these guys in test matches? Badrinath is perfectly suited for test matches, and has scored mountain of rusn in first class cricket and also when touring other nations. We already have huge experience in the form of Sachin, Dravid , Laxman and Kumble. Why one more in the form of Ganguly? Also the Aussies have not seen Badrinath too much. Its good to have a surprise package for the opposition in your line up.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

I bet Australia will win 1-0

India will definitely win a test.

And mind you, Aussies are not even favorites here. The series will be close.

Gavaskar feels that India-Aus matches should be scheduled like Ashes,where there is normally 18 months-24 months gap,the series last time India played was just 8 months ago with Aus,so there should be enough gap.

Well we play India every year anyway, due to our agreement to regularly visit India for a meaningless 7 match ODI series.

It's all about organizing your tour. You guys usually come in on the back of another series so you only have a week or so in Aus before the Test match If you guys want 6 days in there by my guest but good luck with that. I'm sure if you guys came as early as us we would give you guys more than enough tour games.

Originally the Aussies were only going to have 1 warm-up match. This last match (and week of practice before it) they've had in Jaipur was only scheduled after the Champions Trophy was delayed. Australians would have been banking on that to help most of their players acclimatise to the subcontinental conditions. So this is plan B for them.

Too much is being made of the extra match/extra week of work in Jaipur IMO - as though it's some major advantage to Australia - that's rubbish. They will still struggle with the conditions, just watch. It's only because of India's lax preparation for their tour of Australia that it's even being reported as an issue.

Oh and poor Simon Katich. I read he's unlikely to crack the lineup for the first Test. Too bad he can't play. I like Watson a lot though, so I can't have the cake and eat it too haha

Too much is being made of the extra match/extra week of work in Jaipur IMO - as though it's some major advantage to Australia - that's rubbish. They will still struggle with the conditions, just watch. It's only because of India's lax preparation for their tour of Australia that it's even being reported as an issue.

I agree. The BCCI in their money greed do not negotiate enough practice matches with the host nation and thereby do not get good facilities. And now they cry about the Indian association giving ample time to the visiting nation.

Oh and poor Simon Katich. I read he's unlikely to crack the lineup for the first Test. Too bad he can't play. I like Watson a lot though, so I can't have the cake and eat it too haha

Interesting, Katich did play over Jaques in the first game. Don't know why Jaques was left out. The next two tour matches should decide it.

Interesting, Katich did play over Jaques in the first game. Don't know why Jaques was left out. The next two tour matches should decide it.
Turns out it was a stiff back, opted to take a light nets session instead of playing.

Users who are viewing this thread