Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Series not about seniors - Tendulkar

Cricinfo said:
Sachin Tendulkar has said the India-Australia series is about more than just how the Indian seniors play. "It's India versus Australia, it's not certain individuals versus certain individuals in their team," he said, responding to a question whether the seniors were under extra pressure, especially after Sourav Ganguly was not picked for the Irani Cup.

Cricinfo said:
Tendulkar, and the rest of the middle order, had an ordinary series in Sri Lanka, creating a debate over whether, and when, to phase out the Fab Four. Tendulkar started the Sri Lanka series needing 172 to become the world's leading run-getter in Tests, and three matches later he still needed 77.

"I just have to go and play my best," Tendulkar said. "Records will come if you keep playing well, and the focus will be on playing well. My mind is not on 76 runs, and it's not as if I can relax after getting 76 runs. For the four Tests, the team has some targets, and I am more focused on those."

Full Story.

I just love whatever this man speaks. :D

VVS Laxman: "With other teams you can get back in the game, but against Australia, when you get the opportunity, make sure you are on top"

hi folks:happy
LETS HOPE THIS TIME LITTLE MASTER MAKES THIS SERIES EVEN MORE SPECIAL WITH 77 MORE TO GET ...THIS IS GONNA B A RIPPER OF A SERIES!!

Brett Lee and Stewey Clark vs Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan!!!!!

That comparison above (Lee and Clark v Sharma and Zaheer) really just shows a hole in the Indian bowling.

In other words, India might struggle to take 20 Australian wickets, but India's batting is probably better than Australia's...

Now I know the "Fab 4"'s erm.... rather poor display in Sri Lanka, but I have a very good feeling that they will score big

A) They are playing at home (always a good factor to have on your side)

B) The pitches are probably going to be flat, which should minimize the Lee and Clark factor. I'm not saying this is cheap or anything, since the home side can dictate the pitch to whatever they feel is necessary to help them win a game.

C) A lot is expected of the "Fab 4", so expect Dravid and Laxman to thrive under pressure, as they have done so many times throughout their illustrious careers

D) Australia don't have a.... "good" spinner as of yet, playing a new spinner in a series against India IN INDIA...

All I can say is wow :p

Of course, that spinner could prove his worth on this tour, but both spinners' first-class careers aren't anything to talk about.. Prehaps some Australians can shed some light on them

The spinners will do all the wicket taking. I can easily see us picking three spinners, and I do think we would've gone with three if we played at a venue such as the Wankhede.

hey guys i think we r underestimating "brett lee" & other aussie pacers. If u remember last time aussies did it here with REVERSE SWING (INFACT MIKE KASPROWICZ WAS TREMENDOUS IN MOVING THE BALL IN LATE EVENING) .Ive seen the interview of the CHINASWAMY stadium curator & he says the pitch will have a fair share of help for fast bowlers too .Even if the ball doesnt does much in morning sessions ,it can be deadly looking at the later REVERSE SWING FACTOR. Obviously spinners will bowl max overs but still everyone should lookout for FASTERS.
All world class bowlers like WASIM akram ,DONALD have done well here . Last time around even South africans troubled INDIANS ( taking 19 wickets with pacers only) in a test .
SO ITS NOT FAIR TO COUNT" BINGA" & BOYS TOTALLY OFF:noway

Jaques should be picked, he has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve to be dropped, even if Katich has been playing better as of late. Jaques, injury aside, should start opening the batting, and I would give him the whole series, unless injury strikes.

Interesting, Katich did play over Jaques in the first game. Don't know why Jaques was left out. The next two tour matches should decide it.

Back problems.

But not greater than Indian team...

Wait till the series is over. We beat you in Australia, and this win (provided we win the series) will be so much better. It will have so much more satisfaction. We are in your backyard and we have no class spinner, so if we win, I would be much more happy than last series, where we were at home.

That comparison above (Lee and Clark v Sharma and Zaheer) really just shows a hole in the Indian bowling.

In other words, India might struggle to take 20 Australian wickets, but India's batting is probably better than Australia's...

Now I know the "Fab 4"'s erm.... rather poor display in Sri Lanka, but I have a very good feeling that they will score big

A) They are playing at home (always a good factor to have on your side)

B) The pitches are probably going to be flat, which should minimize the Lee and Clark factor. I'm not saying this is cheap or anything, since the home side can dictate the pitch to whatever they feel is necessary to help them win a game.

C) A lot is expected of the "Fab 4", so expect Dravid and Laxman to thrive under pressure, as they have done so many times throughout their illustrious careers

D) Australia don't have a.... "good" spinner as of yet, playing a new spinner in a series against India IN INDIA...

All I can say is wow :p

Of course, that spinner could prove his worth on this tour, but both spinners' first-class careers aren't anything to talk about.. Prehaps some Australians can shed some light on them

India's batting is no way better than Australia's. We outclass them on batting and pace bowling. Shame Indian pitches generally favour neither of these. Usually spinning tracks that are hard to bat on. And Dravid is that close to being dropped. If he is not, India will struggle, and his negativity will drag the team down.

Jakester1288 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Aussies can perform well in any condition...

Mate that is because we are all class.

Users who are viewing this thread