Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/371985.html

McGain ruled out of first Test
Cricinfo staff
October 1, 2008

Bryce McGain, Australia's preferred spinner on the India tour, has been ruled out of the first Test after failing to recover from a shoulder injury he sustained last month. McGain's ongoing problem means Jason Krejza, the offspinner, is almost certain to make his Test debut when the series begins in Bangalore on October 9.

we are gone :mad:

Goodluck to Krejza but I really don't think he is good enough. Maybe playing Bollinger/Siddle as the 4th quick would be a better option. Mitch better step up this time , we really cant have any passengers in the team.

The spin bowling position is cursed. Since Warne left
Macgill - retired after 4 games
Hogg - retired after 3 games
Casson - Dropped after 1 game
Mcgain - Injured
Krejza - ?

Someone text Warney. We need him back....;)

Last edited:
We are hit :mad: MCgain out of 1st test and now likely it will Krazy who will play :) Punter told that he has something special talent, let see what he can do for us :happy

I'd rather play Bollinger than Krejza, but I guess he's a lock in for the spot. At least India won't know much about him, unlike Warne who they would have prepared for a lot.

Moment of truth for Krejza, from the reports he sounds promising we can only hope he lives up to some of the praise given about him. He will add to our batting so thats one positive we can take out of it.

I am so happy to see Yuvi out and Badrinath in. Isn't Amit Mishra the spinner of Delhi?

Ganguly is in!! :happy :happy and he has to perform very well!!

If you want a player to have a impressive debut, let him play against India... This is my experience... Lol

If this was true the England selectors would pick Adil Rashid for there tour ;)

I'll be interested to see Krejza in action. From what people say he has the ability to turn the ball and gives it some air and also is developing a carrom ball variation.

McGain is a big loss for Australia and there hopes really are counted on the seamers with the new ball and then Krejza to come to the party later.

Ganguly is in!! :happy :happy and he has to perform very well!!

Oh god here we go again :rolleyes:

Would be lovely to see him actually performing in this series, But unfortunately I highly doubt it...

Lol. Calm down, It's only a Tour Match, He'll be fit for the first test when he'll get owned by Sehwag...

Jokes :p

WTH??? Then why was all this drama played out in the Indian media for the past few weeks about Ganguly? If the previous selection committee drops ganguly inspite of him being fit, shouldnt the new set of selectors know why he was dropped, and shouldnt they follow that decision? All they did was give ganguly a tense few days (or weeks!) and now he's back. THE BIG INDIAN DRAMA!!!

Badrinath is selected, but what chance does he have of making it to the playing XI for the first two tests? NONE!! Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman and Dhoni pick themselves. If India play a 7th batsman, it will be between Ganguly and Badrinath. And Kumble obviously wont drop Ganguly now that he is picked (Kumble has so eloquently talked about how the seniors must not be questioned irrrespective of hundreds of failures, damn it!!!). And if ganguly by any chance clicks in the first two tests, he will be retained and Badrinath is as usual be the drinks man. Also, Mishra is in but will he play? I dont see a wicket where we will need three spinners (maybe Nagpur but not so sure!)

I expected a positive change, but we're again back to where we were (in fact, I would say we have put a step backward). We are now at the mercy of the senior players.

Users who are viewing this thread