Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

No doubt he has the talent to do well in test cricket. But I don't know if he has done enough to justify his selection yet. Katich had a great pura cup season last summer , did well in West Indies and had success in India in the last tour.

Oh and its just hard to see watto lasting 4 test matches without getting injured.Its harsh but true.

This will be my Australian playing XI for the first match:

Mathew Hayden (if fit, yes... if not Phil Jacques)
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clarke
Mike Hussey
Brad Haddin (wk)
Shane Watson
Brett Lee
Doug Bollinger
Stuart Clark
Bryce Mcgain

I think it's a strong line up, Mitchell should be dropped and Bollinger should get a chance..

Johnson will get atleast 1 more chance , so I reckon this is it.

Mathew Hayden
Phil Jacques
Ricky Ponting
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Mitch Johnson
Stuart Clark
Bryce Mcgain

Can't say I'm surprised Ponting is going with Watson rather than Katich. This certainly isn't the place to be testing Watson technique and from what I've seen hes a bit dodgy against spin. Way better to go the safer route in Katich.

Yeah, the team has enough unknown quantities, Katich compliments the inexperienced ones by bringing a good history with him.

Indians will be happy to see Watoo instead of Kato.

Hell do you know a bit about Calcutta that you're talking.There is a great crowd there
Yes, great crowd. :rolleyes:

Ganguly >> India, is it?

Unjustifiable actions, in my opinion.

sohummisra added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Indians will be happy to see Watoo instead of Kato.
Definitely. His bowling should be quite similar to what our batsmen face in the nets as well.

Inzamam felt that Australia should be penalized for refusing to tour Pakistan on security grounds while agreeing to play in India despite serial blasts.

"Australia has been the only country which has refused to tour Pakistan steadfastly. And I don't think this is going to change unless other cricket boards and the ICC do something about it," Inzamam said.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3506161.cms

Blasts in Pak now,40 killed and 100 Injured.

nikhil_99 added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Frankly speaking its very difficult for any team to visit Pak, India might tour in early 2009 and that will give some confidance to other teams,but still it would be interesting to see,how many "white teams" (who opposed for CT,in Pak earlier) will actually tour Pak after India visits in 2009.

NOfke is mulling joining ICL or IPL after selectors snub. :p

Can't say I'm surprised Ponting is going with Watson rather than Katich. This certainly isn't the place to be testing Watson technique and from what I've seen hes a bit dodgy against spin. Way better to go the safer route in Katich.

Ne neither. He will be backing Johnson over Bollinger too :rolleyes:

Howz your spinner Jason Kretja? Hope I spelt write.

Users who are viewing this thread