Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Krejza is bowling crap,johnson is the pick.Just one question to my aussie friends here
Why do Queenslanders always get successes in India?
I mean Matty is a Queenslander and he has performed exceedingly well in India while Symo and mitch were the best bowler and batsamna for the Aussies the last time Australia toured India for 7 ODI's

Neo95 added 50 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Kohli has scoread a hundred now.

This is shocking performance by the Aussies :eek: I would like to see how they do with the bat.

The pitch is obviously pretty flat and the BPXI is composed entirely of international cricketers; granted, they wouldn't be terribly happy if they conceded as many runs to India on day 1, but it's not always possible to bowl a team out for under 300.

Not looking good for Krejza at all, 0/123 from 20 overs is woeful in an FC game.

I think our best course of action here would be to play 4 seamers; Lee, Clark, Johnson (I'd rather Siddle, but he won't be dropped especially with 3 wickets today) and Bollinger/Siddle (probably Bollinger), then pick Katich ahead of Watson and use his and Clarke's spin. I can see Dave Hussey's part time spin being of more use in India than Watson's medium fast pies.

If we throw Krejza into the deep end, it doesn't look like he'll be able to cope with it.

we got thrashed:mad: seriously 360+ runs in a day , thats pretty pathetic. But its still early days in the tour , hopefully the boys can bounce back quickly. Poor start from Krejza , you really gotta question his value in the team after that performance. I hate to say it , but 4 seamers look like the best option atm. Watson should also play , we really need that extra bowling option. Interesting to see the selectors go with Katich ahead of Jaques, maybe a sign of things to come ?

My team for first test

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Bollinger/Siddle (Mcgain in when hes fit)

Yes! Jason Krejza is the bomb. I hope he gets picked so Sehwag and Co can have fun against him...:)

Huge blow losing McGain clearly the most accurate of our spinners. Sadly Casson wouldn't have made much difference either. Definitely have to go with the 4 man pace attack now and rely on the part time spin of Clarke and Katich who will be more effective than Krejza anyway. Symonds in for Watson would have been perfect too. Although I agree with Dean, David Hussey part time offies would have been more handy and hes aggressive like Symonds.

I would go with Bollinger who has been the more consistent bowler on this tour. Johnson is a given and I'll give him credit he bowled pretty well generating good pace. Still not getting the swing back into the right handers but his pace will have to do for now.

The last few innings I've been following Badrinath, he's been failing. I hope he doesn't ruin his chance to get into the XI now, when he's closest to that spot.

Not been watching this game, but I presume the pitch is pretty good for batting. Of course, keep in mind that this being a tour match, the Aussies haven't really studied each player to figure out where and how to bowl at him. When it comes to the Test matches, they will have a plan for each of these players, so I'd be surprised if we see something similar in the actual matches.

Anyhow, this outing with the ball for Krezja probably means its a four-prong pace attack. I think that's probably Australia's strongest attack at the moment. I just hope the match referee isn't lenient with Ponting, who will obviously not be able to hit the 90-over a day mark on time.

Lalchand Rajput has warned the visiting Australians by saying that Sachin Tendulkar is sharpening his tools for the four-Test series quSachin Tendulkar plays a shot during a training session at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.Sachin has got a good break. The way he has been training and practicing, I believe he will be the danger man for the Australians," Rajput said in an interview.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3553275.cms

We all would love to see Tendulkar hitting Aus bowlers like he did in all previous Aus tours.

'Forced' retirement talk only in the media - Kumble

Anil Kumble has rubbished reports that seniors in the side are being forced into retirement by the BCCI and the selectors. "We have never discussed that among ourselves. All the talk is only in the media," Kumble said. "Age doesn't matter at all [if a player is doing well], otherwise I would have retired long ago."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/372126.html

Ya,could be ,because media nomally makes twists and turns of simple statements which makes huge diffrence to what originally people stated.

He is consistent. Hes a consistent tail end bully. He's useless. Michael Clarke could get those wickets for us.

When I first read that I interpreted that as he was consistent. Johnson can bowl well then throw in a really really wide loosener for the batsmen.

We are not shaping up too well at all. Katich is ahead of Jaques now, which I disagree with 100%. What more can the man do? He has made 3 100's and 6 50's at an average a tad over 47 in 11 matches and is fast closing in on 1000 runs. He has been solid at the top of the order, and after a good domestic season and one good tour of the West Indies, Katich is catapaulted into the side, at Jaques expense. Even if Jaques has a bad back, if he is fit for the first test, he should be selected.

Krejza should not be selected for the first test. He obviously isn't ready, and todays performance did a lot of harm to his chances of being selected.

Whilst I don't like Johnson, after yesterdays performance, he has to be selected. He bowled well, at a good pace, and hit the deck. He has given up on getting conventional swing, and is just going to go with reverse late in the innings now. He is concentrating on a good line and length, and hitting the pitch hard. He reaped the rewards for it yesterday, and has done his confidence a world of good.

My team would look like this for the first test:

1. Jaques
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Katich
7. Haddin
8. Lee
9. Johnson
10. Clark
11. Bollinger

That is our best side, with Katich and Clarke providing out spin. But the team we will go with is this, however I don't want it.

1. Katich
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Watson
7. Haddin
8. Lee
9. Johnson
10. Clark
11. Krejza/Bollinger/Siddle (Krejza to 8 if selected)

That is not our best possible side, but that is what will be selected. I am undecided on who our bowlers will be, but I have no doubt about the batting line up and the allrounder position.

I think the team should be, considering the squad we have,

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Katich
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Bollinger

Although it would be better to have another middle order batsman (D.Hussey, Hodge, whomever) and open with Hayden and Katich instead.

Maybe if McGain goes home we can bring Symonds back in the squad, then it could be

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark
Bollinger

I guess the team will actually be

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Krejza
Clark

Krejza's just going to get tonked mercilessly, though 'd be glad for hi to prove me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread