Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Ganguly is far more talented then Dravid. Dravid is just, well, better. :p

One of my favorite cricketers, really is a sad day for me.

Bye bye Dada. I admit I have been harsh on him sometimes on this forum, but hey you don't know what you have until its gone :noway

On a more positive note, This should fire him up! ;)

Sounds like the Bangalore pitch will give little help for the spinners. Great news as it should mean we don't need to worry about Krejza or White as the spinner. If we want White put him in over Watson and play the 4 pacemen. That's what we would do at the WACA if we were in this situation and according to the curator thats what the pitch reminds him of.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24462963-11088,00.html

Sounds like the Bangalore pitch will give little help for the spinners. Great news as it should mean we don't need to worry about Krejza or White as the spinner. If we want White put him in over Watson and play the 4 pacemen. That's what we would do at the WACA if we were in this situation and according to the curator thats what the pitch reminds him of.

No no, we need Wotto and specially Johny Boy :D

Its really really sad to see a player like Ganguly who has done well in past 1year and still getting such bad treatment,also a player who lead India, won many matches,its really bad to see such treatment,few days before he had said that he would like to retire against England,because he started his carrier with England (Eng tour to India is not far off),but still he took decision to retire beofre that series,possibly some pressure from slection or his frustration...

Sad ending...

A few paras from the Oz

"If the call comes I will consider it," Warne said in London when asked how he would respond if there were a cry for help from captain Ricky Ponting.

"I'm fit enough. I'm probably fitter than I have ever been at the moment."

While insisting that he was happily retired, Australia's greatest spin bowler said he had been "landing them pretty well" on the very few occasions that he had bowled recently.​

Carn Warney we still love you. Fat chance that it would actually happen.

Just see this guys! This is fun
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/372952.html

Ponting is shooting off his mouth! The same old 'mental disintegration' thing, this time targetting the seniors. Dont know if what Ponting is trying to achieve will work out (most often, I have seen that it doesnt especially against India!) but it will definitely add to the excitement of the series. This time, he is trying to be as liberal as possible in insulting the opposition. BRING IT ON PONTING! We have seen all this from you, and expect even more:rolleyes:

saisrini80 added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

A quality track with plenty of bounce? Should be exciting for Zaheer and Ishant too. Will they pick 3 fast bowlers then (India)? Ganguly need not play all test matches (he must play the Nagpur one at least!). I guess they wont drop Harbhajan.

Guys like Sehwag, Sachin and Dravid should enjoy it if it comes onto the bat well. Since there is little grass, it should be a batsman's paradise.

Just see this guys! This is fun
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/372952.html

Ponting is shooting off his mouth! The same old 'mental disintegration' thing, this time targetting the seniors. Dont know if what Ponting is trying to achieve will work out (most often, I have seen that it doesnt especially against India!) but it will definitely add to the excitement of the series. This time, he is trying to be as liberal as possible in insulting the opposition. BRING IT ON PONTING! We have seen all this from you, and expect even more:rolleyes:

"If we can make their fielding look as bad as it is by some good running between wickets and good hustling and good pressure," Ponting said, "then you know straight away all the old stuff about the old bodies and 'Ganguly can't field' and 'Dravid looks a bit slow', all of that stuff will come out."

haha good stuff from punter:D

Anyway mate I don't know what you are complaining about , its a 2 way street

Aussies cheated in Sydney: Sehwag
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24465170-23212,00.html

"We suffered the most in the catches pact during the last series,? Sehwag told ESPN-STAR. There is no point in having such an arrangement when the Australians are claiming one-bounce catches. We'd have won the Sydney Test if they hadn't claimed catches off half-volleys in that game.?

:rolleyes:

Virender also predicted a 3-1 or 3-0 victory for India. Now that's a mediocre effort in psychological gamesmanship. He should be taking lessons from Pidge and predicting a 4-0 victory.

Anyway mate I don't know what you are complaining about , its a 2 way street

Aussies cheated in Sydney: Sehwag
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24465170-23212,00.html

"We suffered the most in the catches pact during the last series,? Sehwag told ESPN-STAR. There is no point in having such an arrangement when the Australians are claiming one-bounce catches. We'd have won the Sydney Test if they hadn't claimed catches off half-volleys in that game.?

:rolleyes:

So when Sehwag gave an answer to a specific question, and Ponting using a pre-series interview to take a dig at the Indian seniors, their fielding, the media hype on them, etc is all 2-way street? Anyways, I dont mind all this as its all a tool to build the pre-series tension and fire up the aggro.

Nice to see India still suck at mind games.

I'd be surprised if Clarke isn't fit for tomorrow.

I'm not a White fan, but I can't see how he won't get picked tomorrow. Krejza is a bit shite to be honest.

Last edited:
So when Sehwag gave an answer to a specific question, and Ponting using a pre-series interview to take a dig at the Indian seniors, their fielding, the media hype on them, etc is all 2-way street?
It's only a two way street if you read both articles properly. Both were asked questions. Agree or disagree with the tactics, at least Ponting is actually talking about the series. Considering his previous statements to the media, it's hard for Sehwag to come off as a defeatist dwelling on the past, but it does seem like a non sequitur.

For what it's worth, both sides have given the revving up a good go, but that other kind of spin is not simply about saying the right thing, but also how it is said, to whom it is said and when it is said. Interviews done just before the start of the series are obviously going to get great exposure and it's probably going to be best to talk about one thing than to talk about different things, because then it gets a succinct headline. Obviously, the journalists and the news publishers have a great deal of power; both stories were intended for home audiences through The Australian and less obviously, ESPN-Star, but there is no doubt FoxSports relished the ability of those statements to ruffle feathers. Sehwag has basically been a pawn in that instance, being asked a loaded question and then giving a vigourous response. Broadcasters have a dual purpose, they make you think about the series and you make sure you watch their coverage. It's not simple news coverage; there's always plenty at stake for such business.

Users who are viewing this thread