Australia's Tour Of India - 2008

Yeh, obviously McGrath and Warne > Clark. But personally I'd take Clark over Dizzy and Kaspa, although saying that, I've seen very little of either of them and the main time i've seen them was in 2005, where they were off the boil somewhat. Where Dizzy and Kaspa better than Stuart Clark's current level of performance?

Gillespie was once a superb bowler, capable of considerable movement and pace up to over 150kph. This article credits him with a delivery at 153.9kph. However, he was not your typical pace bowler, as he often left his pace in reserve and concentrated on hitting the right line and length and extracting seam movement. He was the perfect foil to Mcgrath; a quicker bowler who beat the bat tremendously often and built up the pressure with Mcgrath.

Pontingpointing said:
It was a bit un-usual from Zaheer to get those many wickets."

Really? He was just pumped up after getting that hundred. What did he do in the second test. Zaheer continued to perform well even after what punter's said.

Him said:
Our spinners are better than indias'

One of the most thinkable mind game comment. But in reality, that was one of the most stupid comments he's ever given. If yeah, what did their spinners rub off compared to the indians?

========================================

Australia:

Cameron White - 3 wickets in 2 innings.

India:

Harbhajan Singh - 5 wickets in 2 innings.

Amit Mishra - 7 wickets in 2 innings.

==================================

You can support your team, that's okay. But, the way you're falling on others only because you've lost is very bad.

KBChandraw added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

KBC, go back to the Graphics section. Nothing you ever post in here makes any sense or has any value. (y)

Australia need Clark back. They certainly missed his bowling in this last test, he's one of the best in the world at the minute, and it's amazing to me that his Test career didn't start until 2006. I suppose it's just another example of high quality Australian's struggling to make it into the team, look at Hussey, Haddin, and MacGill for example. It's a shame he's 33 really, if he was 28 he'd have a good few years left in him and could have proved himself to be one of the best of all-time, but at 33 now, he'll just be seen as a high class bowler who deserved more Test matches.

Okay, go back to bed. You're the same too. Your posts show arrogance. Go back to bed mate, with your toys.

I did say it was a silly thought because the way ponting was saying was likely that what i said could happen. But did i say that It will happen, for sure? Mind your words please, it's my decision to do what i should, and where should i stay and YOU'RE NOTHING to advice me, take care of yourself and that's it..

Last edited by a moderator:
But I can't understand a thing you're trying to say! I'm sorry KBC. I don't mind where you post, just try to make yourself more clear. And yes, you do have to make yourself clear as many debatable statements are made in the Cricket Discussion section.

Indians were at their Best in this test and Aussies had fallen prey to Ishi Zak 7 New comer Amit :D It's tense situation in Mumbai but still me with my friends celebrated this day :happy

But I can't understand a thing you're trying to say! I'm sorry KBC. I don't mind where you post, just try to make yourself more clear. And yes, you do have to make yourself clear as many debatable statements are made in the Cricket Discussion section.

I get a little excited where i forget points maybe and go senseless.. hmm.. Thanks shravi..

So, Time to kick off foolishness and foolish people and back on debate. :p

Hehe, Looks like we're not the only ones who are fired up:D, here:

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374907.html

I read in the Times Hayden saying "we are playing to win this and not to save the game" Lol @ him how would they won with a last day to go almost bowlers coming to bat, and they didnt even survive till lunch and they say "we are playing to win this and not to save the game"

Ponting admits that Australia were outplayed - I am speechless. This could go one of two ways, India could have broken Australia's spirit, as shown through the Lee/Ponting spat or Australia are about to show a great fightback through accepting defeat graciously and moving on, unfortunately, I am leaning toward the latter.

Aussies need to play bowlers who can pick 20 wkts quickly. The quickly they pick 20 wkts they more they have chance win . .batting is alright. .haddin , etc are all fine.

Indians now seem to have bowlers who can knock down 20wkts pretty quickly. that is a very good sign.

Just a couple of quick questions for Aussies.

1) So would four pacer attack definitely by better than persisting with White? Like if you drop White and bring Clark back in, and keep Watto, four pacers + Watto.

2) Also it all depends on how Delhi is. For the pitch experts, how is the pitch in Delhi for playing? Spin friendly, pace friendly or flat?

Thanks!

"Especially at one time in the first innings, they [Australia] were 22 from 13 overs. I said to Rahul (Dravid), 'Look at the board, we won't see that again'"--Mahendra Singh Dhoni

This is a big win,Aus will come hard no doubt,till then they have time to re think their strategy,before 1st match,Ponting had said,Brett Lee is our main bowler,he has plans to get rid of Tendulkar,and hopefully he will not break Lara's record in this series,we will restrict him...
What happened??? We all know,Lee was not that sharp,he has got very few minimal wickets in this series so far,till then possibly S.Clarke might be fit,so that might add a bit more variety in their bowling.

nikhil_99 added 17 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

"If I wanted to have verbal spats (to help us win), I could have hired 4-5 guys to do that. Verbal chit-chat is ok if players do not cross the line. But the way to beat Australia is to play good cricket."
"A bit of verbal chit-chat is good, because it brings some excitement to the game," he added with a mischievous smile.
---MS Dhoni.

Chak De India! Well played India! :happy 2 times in the last 3 test again Australia we have won...Hope we can carry on this form against them...

Mishra > Kumble
Zaheer you Beauty
Ishant, Man finally we have a rapid bowler
Bhajji, KUTGW :thumbs

Thats all I have to say about the current bowling line-up...

KBC, go back to the Graphics section. Nothing you ever post in here makes any sense or has any value. (y)

Don't really think there is any need for that Dan, everyone here has an equal voice.

Regarding the match, I didn't find out till jsut now as my internet has been down. Must say, Haddin was a real let down getting out so quickly, Aus should stick with him though. I would also stick with Lee, he is just too dangerous to be dropped, I fully expect him to get a fifer, next match. Only person I think should be dropped, is Cameron White. From what I have seen so far, he has been a massive let down.

Good win for India though, they totally out played Australia. It's gonna be a tough tour for England

I'm sure Australia will come back harder in Delhi, So we should only get better from here, not stay the same...

At the rate our bowlers are going at, Zaheer, Ishant and Bhajji. I tihnk one of these will bag the Man of the Series Award.

all the india fans are over the moon they won one match don't mean there world class they were good in that one match doesnt mean they will win the test series so we will wait and see. COME ON AUSTRALIA!!!! ENGLAND FOR THE ASHES!!!

Users who are viewing this thread